Android auto and HUD compatibility?

mazdajota

:
Cx-5 2017 GT w/ tech pack
Does anyone who has installed AA in their mazda know if the nav directions would be properly displayed on HUD?

Looks like my dealer hasn't my updated infotainment system to latest firmware so I was thinking about rooting it to AA to utilize google maps and waze

but I really like how routes are currently being shown on HUD with base nav so if it's going to spoil it then I would probably just skip it. Looking for insights from people who have AA!

Unless you hack HUD, probably won't be able to add Android Auto to it

Given that you have a HUD, your Mazda already has the newest firmware. Certainly firmware that came after Mazda blocked all hacking capabilities. So this won't be possible for you to hack anyway. Unless there's been new advancements with bypassing the blocked abilities.

OP What firmware version are you on? I wanted to install tweaks on my CX-9 but like others are saying, it came straight from the lot with the 59.00.502 version, so no mods for that one. If you have any firmware pre ...502 (59.00.441 and prior), I believe the hacks should work, although I can't say for sure if the AA is displayed on the HUD.

Last edited:
AA is not displayed on the HUD. I haven't checked in about 2 months for updates but I don't think that has changed.

I bought 2 weeks ago and mine had firmware 59.00.446 NA N. I installed AA and a few other tweaks with no issue. AA actually works really well, but I can confirm the HUD will not show any navigation info from AA.

As others here have said, firmware ending in 502 can't be modified (at least not easily).

I bought 2 weeks ago and mine had firmware 59.00.446 NA N. I installed AA and a few other tweaks with no issue. AA actually works really well, but I can confirm the HUD will not show any navigation info from AA.

As others here have said, firmware ending in 502 can't be modified (at least not easily).

AFAIK HUD firmware/software is completely separate to MZD connect

Back