2017~2024 About to get a new GT AWD CX-5.....

MazDAMN

:
CX-5
Howdy!
My wife has grown tired of my Veloster Turbo, so we have been discussing SUVs. I drove a CX-5 in June of 2016 and REALLY liked it.
She drove a Rav4 and liked it, but she liked the CX-5 more. So, with that being said, next weekend she wants to go looking and driving.

Here's what I want...
3 to 4 inches lower, but not ride harsh. Just reduce tire-fender gap.
Intake system.
Factory sound system. I have NEVER been impressed with Bose and their cost.
If I get a factory system, how does it sound? Should I just make my own small system? (Been installing since I was 13)
I think the one we are going look at does NOT have the driving lights, and I want to add them, where is the best place
to get them from? Im most likely going to upgrade the wheels and tires as well, but nothing too extreme.

Any advice on issues to be weary of?
Reliability issues of any sort? Wife will be driving about 120 to 150 miles a day, Monday thru Friday...thats partly why we are getting
rid of the Hyundai.

This will be my 13th Mazda, 11 B-series trucks and 1 Protege before this.
Kinda excited...just wish they came in a brighter blue...

Are you getting 2017 KF CX-5?

If so the 2018 model is being unveiled on November 29 at Los Angeles motor show and there will be some updates to equipment as well as a new 2.5 litre with cylinder deactivation

'17 year end closeout....barely $23k for awd.

I dont want a 1st year vehicle again. I'd rather them work the bugs out 1st.

my VT was 1st year...riddled with issues. Now that its out of warranty (over 100k miles) I want her out before it dies..
IF the CX-3 had more cargo, it'd be an option, but too tiny for us.

I get where you are coming from. The internals are pretty much the same as the current 2.5 save for a few changes to accommodate cylinder deactivation.

It's been out in Europe for a little while and so far haven't read about any issues

Im really hoping the Skyactiv-X comes in the next couple years. Might be time to upgrade to that. VERY interesting technology they are using.
With the compression they have in these engines, I am certain SOMEONE can do a performance tune and wake it up a good bit.

When you say driving lights do you mean the fog lights? The GT has the fog lights included. As for the rest, it’s a great vehicle. You will enjoy it.

Howdy!
My wife has grown tired of my Veloster Turbo, so we have been discussing SUVs. I drove a CX-5 in June of 2016 and REALLY liked it.
She drove a Rav4 and liked it, but she liked the CX-5 more. So, with that being said, next weekend she wants to go looking and driving.

Here's what I want...
3 to 4 inches lower, but not ride harsh. Just reduce tire-fender gap.
Intake system.
Factory sound system. I have NEVER been impressed with Bose and their cost.
If I get a factory system, how does it sound? Should I just make my own small system? (Been installing since I was 13)
I think the one we are going look at does NOT have the driving lights, and I want to add them, where is the best place
to get them from? Im most likely going to upgrade the wheels and tires as well, but nothing too extreme.
3-4" lower! You need to wait for the 2019 Mazda 3!

Im really hoping the Skyactiv-X comes in the next couple years. Might be time to upgrade to that. VERY interesting technology they are using.
With the compression they have in these engines, I am certain SOMEONE can do a performance tune and wake it up a good bit.
More likely 2020-2022

A CUV is worse for 120 miles a day. A lower car is much better. CX-5 shines in 50mph speeds. At highway speeds the 6 is much better. 23k AWD is for base trim. I recommend touring base AWD.

When you say driving lights do you mean the fog lights? The GT has the fog lights included. As for the rest, it’s a great vehicle. You will enjoy it.

If its white, its driving lights to me. They may call em fogs, I've always called them driving.

Well, the GT that was on the lot was sold. It was a dealership modified vehicle and was hard to sell. From what I
was told they tried to push it on every person wanting an AWD and because of the mods, nobody wanted it.
It had lights, intake, aftermarket muffler, wheels, window tint, graphics (decals) and a sound system.

I never even got to see it.

But. We bought a Sport AWD. We test drove a GT FWD. Wife doesnt want Leather or moon roof. Ruled that one out.
Anyway, we got a 2017 Sport AWD. She's in love with it. I like it too. She's asked me to put together a small sound
system for it, so I am shopping around now. I'd like to get a spare tire sub, but I've never been impressed with those
and sadly, most are made by BLOWS. (Bose) So....keeping eyes open. She wants cargo area to stay open.

Other than adding a little more bass to the system, she wants a license plate frame with white & red LED frame. I
have one on my silverado because the stock plate lights were crap, and I got a citation for them being out, when they
were just dim. She likes the look of it, so I got her one. However...I have to drill a hole for the wire in the rear hatch.
Now, I can get the brake signal from the 3rd brake light. Where can I get the signal for the plate illumination (white?)
I was thinking maybe the rear wiper, but thats only if it has a live wire there. Otherwise I'll have to run from one of
the tails. Which isnt an issue to me, just want to avoid it, if possible.

Anywho. Here she is with her new CX5....
20171124_151721_zpsmn26jub9.jpg

Congratulations and enjoy!

P.S most people just change the plate lights to led and becomes very bright

Back