Car Services and Tips..

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey all!

I just dropped my 17 GT to have PPF installed tomorrow. I am relieved that I dont have to follow 2 miles away from the car in front of me anymore :)

So, in saying this, do I need to give the PPF installer a monetary tip for doing the PPF? I wasnt sure if theres any kind of standard like this?

Also, what do you all use to protect your PPF?I was thinking spray wax so I dont have to worry about wax getting stuck in the PPF.

Thanks, guys!

I don't know about tipping the installers. Perhaps a case of beer or a bottle of spirits would be appreciated.

As far as protecting the PPF you can use anything that you normally would on the paint. Just be careful if you polish the car to mind the edge of the PPF so you don't lift it. Traditional carnauba paste waxes can get stuck at the edge a bit so I prefer to use liquid waxes. Collonite 845 and Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax are two of my favorites. Currently I have optimum Gloss Coat on my car including the PPF I have on the front end and mirror caps. If you really want something that is super easy look at Meguiar's fast finish. Spray onto a clean microfiber, spread onto a 2x2 section and move on to the next section, it's that's easy. Takes about 15min to do the entire car!

It's not always easy to know how much you should tip. Keep this tipping guide handy, and give your tip calculator the day off.
When to tip and how much to tip can cause anxiety for some people. While some might feel compelled to tip just about everyone, others are more selective.

It depend on the services what services you are taking if it is heavy labor work.tip is different for every services for car wash or car repair you are not suppose to give a tip.

Back