New 2017 Mazda CX-5 averaging 14L/100km!!

carnophobia

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Akera
I got my car 2 weeks ago. Everything is great, except for the fuel consumption. I've driven it 500km, but it seems like bad fuel economy. Is this because it's still new? Is this normal?

By the way, this is city driving in Sydney. And no, I don't drive recklessly.

It's highly dependent on the manner in which you drive, but it's also normal for higher-than-usual consumption during the break in period.

Also, the on-board computer generated figure for average consumption isn't entirely accurate so you may want to do the math based on your mileage per tank yourself, if you haven't already done so.

I got my car 2 weeks ago. Everything is great, except for the fuel consumption. I've driven it 500km, but it seems like bad fuel economy. Is this because it's still new? Is this normal?

If you are city driving, does this mean a lot of stop and go and traffic and stop lights?

Lets say you spend 10 minutes driving to your destination. 5 minutes are spent moving and getting 32 mpg, the other 5 minutes are(whistle) spent sitting at lights getting 0 mpg. For your 20 minute drive, you will be getting an avg of ~16 mpg... (whistle) 14L/100km

Mine is also new and it's been around 3 weeks. I average 9.5 L/100 KM, mostly highways (45 minutes), 30 mins of traffic (stop and go) and 15 minutes clear.

I noticed that you can check your live current consumption in the monitor, therefore, you can check how you do while you are driving. I kind of changed my driving style, especially from a stop. I like to step on the gas (fast start), consumes a lot.......

Are your trips in Sydney short ones and purely in traffic (uhm)

Remember to get better fuel economy, you need to be driving for sustained speeds over a longer period of time.

I would suggest doing a long trip on the freeway say the M1 to the Central Coast and that should reduce the consumption down a fair bit.

I average between 13 and 14 L/100 K in the winter at -20C with city driving. In the summer I usually get around 10L/100 K in the city. Unless you are spending a lot of time idling during your city commutes I think your CX5 is using too much fuel. As mentioned above also check the math to make sure your on board computer is working properly.

I think its normal if you live in city with a lot of stop and go, some hills and traffic.
All cause that for a higher consumption.
In Canada I get 11-12 for the winter maybe more with freezing weather and 9-10 for the summer.

I would check your recommended cold tire pressure on the inside of your door , maybe do that when you get up in the morning before you drive. Also just reset your mpg monitor , also you can set you monitor so you can see your actual mpg as you drive. My tire pressure off the lot was very low and I was seeing not so great fuel economy by the monitor system, after adding air to the correct cold tire pressure on the label found on the inside of the door and resetting the mpg monitor everything has been great.

Back