2018 Mazda CX 9 Pricing

You guys are so lucky :). I got my 16 GT FWD at a much higher price when it just came out. On the bright side, however, I am a proud owner of one of first CX-9s in San Diego. People asked what kind of luxury SUV it was :).

Hi zoomzoom90, was that a recent purchase. I’m guessing the 7 yrs free maintenance was something the dealer offered or was that something you negotiated? Does the 7 yrs free maintenance include only what Mazda recommends having done every so many miles?

Picked mine up on Saturday:

2018 GT AWD Machine Gray
I had an E-Plan pin but my dealer bested the price...$37,800 including loyalty rebate plus 0% for 63 months.

This is my 5th Mazda and loving it so far!

Sounds similar to my quote I am holding

California, Quoted $37,963 with 0% for 60 mos.
2018 Black GT AWD

I paid $40,438 for a 2018 signature in white pearl. I did not qualify for any rebates or discounts. I did get the 60 months at 0% APR. I also got above "good" trade-in value for the vehicle I traded in. Overall I think I got a pretty fair deal. OTD with NC taxes, tags and dealer fees was $42,400

I wound up going back and forth over about a week through e-mail and after negotiating I got an extra $750 on the trade and another $1,600+ off their first offer for the CX-9. I pitted a few dealerships against each other and in the end negotiated an extra $250 more for the trade and $250 off the CX-9 with a 20 minute call to the sales manager.

The only thing I really hate is that it's my wife's daily driver and I've only driven it about 4-5 times in the 25 days we've owned it. LOL

Last edited:
I paid a lot for my 2018 Signature, around 47k OTD. The dealer offered 15.5k for the 2013 Rav4 trade, pretty good.

0% for 60 months (I'm paying the loan off in 3 years) and comes with a great lifetime engine and powertrain warranty.

If warranty work is needed, I can have it repaired wherever I wish, with a small deductible. I plan on keeping the Mazda at least 10 years so the warranty suits me.

A little bonus, TN sales taxes on autos are deductible on federal tax returns. 🙂

Our dealership has awesome customer service; it's a pleasure doing business there. I'm happy.

I paid a lot for my 2018 Signature, around 47k OTD. The dealer offered 15.5k for the 2013 Rav4 trade, pretty good.

0% for 60 months (I'm paying the loan off in 3 years) and comes with a great lifetime engine and powertrain warranty.

If warranty work is needed, I can have it repaired wherever I wish, with a small deductible. I plan on keeping the Mazda at least 10 years so the warranty suits me.

A little bonus, TN sales taxes on autos are deductible on federal tax returns. [emoji846]

Our dealership has awesome customer service; it's a pleasure doing business there. I'm happy.

That’s almost msrp. The customer service will be awesome!

This is slightly off-topic, but..

The dealer I bought my CX-9 from is a 2.5 hour drive away from the city I live in. I bought from them primarily because of the customer service and the sales rep, who was, and continues to be, excellent.

A few weeks after I took delivery, I noticed that there is a small scuff in the rear bumper, on the black plastic part. The first time I spoke with my sales rep, he suggested that I visit a body shop to find out the best way to take care of it, then he would either pay for the repair or have the work done there whenever we could make our way down there. Before I could get to that, our daughter was born, so I tabled this issue and kind of forgot about it.

Today I got a random text from my rep, who wanted to check in and see how we were doing. He offered to drive a loaner CX-9 to us, swap cars, and drive it our CX-9 back to the dealership so he can personally get it professionally taken care of. All for a small scuff in the black plastic! How's that for customer service!! Great salespeople are still out there. I'm glad I found one of them :)

The dealer I bought my CX-9 from is a 2.5 hour drive away from the city I live in. I bought from them primarily because of the customer service and the sales rep, who was, and continues to be, excellent.

A few weeks after I took delivery, I noticed that there is a small scuff in the rear bumper, on the black plastic part. The first time I spoke with my sales rep, he suggested that I visit a body shop to find out the best way to take care of it, then he would either pay for the repair or have the work done there whenever we could make our way down there. Before I could get to that, our daughter was born, so I tabled this issue and kind of forgot about it.

Today I got a random text from my rep, who wanted to check in and see how we were doing. He offered to drive a loaner CX-9 to us, swap cars, and drive it our CX-9 back to the dealership so he can personally get it professionally taken care of. All for a small scuff in the black plastic! How's that for customer service!! Great salespeople are still out there. I'm glad I found one of them :)

Talk about above and beyond! Usually the sales don't give a rat's butt after you sign on the dotted line. Really wish more sales are awesome like yours.

I paid $40,438 for a 2018 signature in white pearl. I did not qualify for any rebates or discounts. I did get the 60 months at 0% APR. I also got above "good" trade-in value for the vehicle I traded in. Overall I think I got a pretty fair deal. OTD with NC taxes, tags and dealer fees was $42,400

I wound up going back and forth over about a week through e-mail and after negotiating I got an extra $750 on the trade and another $1,600+ off their first offer for the CX-9. I pitted a few dealerships against each other and in the end negotiated an extra $250 more for the trade and $250 off the CX-9 with a 20 minute call to the sales manager.

The only thing I really hate is that it's my wife's daily driver and I've only driven it about 4-5 times in the 25 days we've owned it. LOL

That number includes your trade-in, right?

Feeling pretty good. Got home this evening with our 2018 cx9 GT AWD.
Got her for $37,700. No factory incentives as I took the 0% APR for 60 months.
I also got $7500 trade in for our 2011 CX9 touring with 107,000 miles on the odo.

Free financing is the best. Good credit score is worth thousands kids!!!
Even a "good" rate of say 3.9% would have cost me $3,498 of interest over the course of 60 months on my $34,200 loan.

Feeling pretty good. Got home this evening with our 2018 cx9 GT AWD.
Got her for $37,700. No factory incentives as I took the 0% APR for 60 months.
I also got $7500 trade in for our 2011 CX9 touring with 107,000 miles on the odo.

Free financing is the best. Good credit score is worth thousands kids!!!
Even a "good" rate of say 3.9% would have cost me $3,498 of interest over the course of 60 months on my $34,200 loan.

Congrats! Was the $37,700 selling price after the dealer discount and before ttl and trade-in equity? If so, you got 13% dealer discount!

A few months ago I started looking for a Cert. Pre-owned 2018 Signature Machine Gray. There were a few out there but over 1000 miles away. A few weeks later a dealer 2 hours from me had one with 15,000 miles for $36,500. Could not get out there right away to see it and it sold in a few days. Told him if anything else like that comes along give me a call. Weeks go by and I'm getting tired of waiting and about to buy new when the dealer calls me. He's got the exact car I want with 1,100 miles CPO for $37,000, some guy had it for month and wanted something bigger. Didn't haggle one cent and got $5,000 for my 2010 Pilot with 181,000 miles. Net cost to me $32,000

Congrats! Was the $37,700 selling price after the dealer discount and before ttl and trade-in equity? If so, you got 13% dealer discount!

Yeah, sort of. California sucks on tax laws.
So our final price was $37,700, but looking at final contract I guess $1000 was factory discount(taxed).
So the contract shows $38,700 PLus Tax/Title, minus $1000 rebate, minus $7,500 trade in.
I believe some states let you deduct trade value before tax.

Loving the look of our driveway :)
Gotta clean my baby(6).
My wife said for my Bday I can tint the windows and wrap the roof gloss black :)

uyqGOf7jZgrmPhtja2NXk1k9CCYxuJf17gtRKdMb5c7QsF2_5Oq-S-nV9qhtVboiexwdtbENq0_0Zq_7jdLZNUn1OaBOH8J7qTUeqg0IeTVOP00prUEEIRyxvem_00QEouQ2_VVOTKeOj6riaHgayZHz7YM3nA8bDb-WAe_p1fYVQbTmYSQ4WY6ybVyECpDVTA9zDqAm0jz-Ds_5VoLaXxaT4iFAdL-2bos7lF5zjnFRfchcxMfP0q9KvRscf2gM6nues5wGeIpLMjKHM8F7LcWa_KBo1hscRUaUu6e8eqTrlcA6m3TjsnmUlbz_cH5DXUS8j5BP7em37JrhPWWlrSsdprOOF0VeSHJin5vLGcxS6MoIiWNNU3AoJ0J9Cbb-YWjQgAb7IBMxQC5bBIYWYHhevIY47FkVo4JpKgh-m47vOBwtVHxrtWedcgzwrJCyWUxu2tWVuTHFVGvBLg7VsttX6fsjZ9ZI4V61fRPfCc7vaCg1J84DM2Aa2rPUXFR52Cpa9qN-XCDlgE1EH3XVmPlLAY5SeOSad4Vq80RNyUr4s3ZfXjGas_N_bqgtPCPNB3sezDnAeWvlko4E489kLgGOiJaq8wbmqgaqGIdw=w701-h933-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:

Yes that is indeed great cust svc! When I took delivery of our 2017 Signature in Jan last yr, found a minor dent at bottom of driver's door and pointed that out to our sales rep and their GM...they said they'll take care of it just bring the car back whenever we can. After 2 wks we scheduled the repair...sales rep dropped off a CX9 GT loaner to my wife's work and picked up ours...that same day the minor dent was repaired ( I guess via PDR) and it was fixed like it was never there! They also washed and detailed the car when we came by the dealership to pick up our car which was a nice touch! Absolutely there are still some good dealers out there!

That number includes your trade-in, right?

Sorry for the late reply. No, that number does not include the trade. I got $14,028 for the trade, which was a 2015 Toyota Prius Persona with about 38,500 miles on it. I bought the Prius for cash 3 years ago for $22,400 since it was sitting on the dealer lot for 6 months! Pretty good trade-in value since I only paid a little over $22k for the car when new.

I think OTD taking into consideration, trade, dealer fees, and TTL were like $28,000 even.

I purchased a White CX9 Touring FWD with Premium Package today.

MSRP: $38025
Dealer discount: $4480.64
Manufacturer rebates: $1500
(Therefore the total discount is $5980.64)
Price before ttl: $32044.36

I got almost $6000 off of MSRP. Is it a good deal? It was a cash purchase, and if I were to go with 0% APR, then I would have to give up $1500.

It was 15.7% off. Good or no?

I purchased a White CX9 Touring FWD with Premium Package today.

MSRP: $38025
Dealer discount: $4480.64
Manufacturer rebates: $1500
(Therefore the total discount is $5980.64)
Price before ttl: $32044.36

I got almost $6000 off of MSRP. Is it a good deal? It was a cash purchase, and if I were to go with 0% APR, then I would have to give up $1500.

It was 15.7% off. Good or no?

Just picked up our FWD, white touring with premium from a Ventura area dealer for $34000 with %0 interest. So I would say you did well.

Just picked up our FWD, white touring with premium from a Ventura area dealer for $34000 with %0 interest. So I would say you did well.

What is your OTD, if I may ask? Did they include service/maintenance package, or did you pay extra for that?

Back