2018 Mazda CX 9 Pricing

Are you sure? Which area and which dealer? So that I can check with them. If I can give a pointer may be they will be ok to negotiate further!? Anyhow I got it but still I have 2 days left for buyers remorse period.

Sometimes the deal you can get depends a lot on your location. For example, some dealers are willing to get aggressive on pricing if there are a lot of competing dealerships in the area. However, if there is only one dealership, or they know that you have only been to their dealership and are not considering any others, they will be less flexible with pricing.

I would suggest that you contact other dealerships either in person or over the phone based on the little time you have left, let them know the situation you're in, and give them the opportunity to earn, or "steal" your business away from the dealership you're currently dealing with. Ensure that you leave the dealerships you visit with written quotes from the sales rep (via email if dealing over the phone). I've found that if you're willing to make a bit of a drive to a less local dealership, they are more willing to work with you on price. This is based solely on my own experience though.

Just purchased a 18 GT FWD Machine grey this past weekend!

MSRP: $41,710
Sale price: $36,827
(includes 0% @ 60mth, $500 mazda owner discount and current rebates)
Out the door: $40,400

Getting this price was as simple as using dealer websites and getting eprices. Out of the 6 I requested prices for, only 2 responded back with a price. I went with the lowest price because the other dealer quoted me $500 over MSRP out the door. I simply ignored the other dealers that didn't give me a price via email, because most of them would try calling and ask me to come into the showroom.

My expectation is to walk into the dealer, out the door price already negotiated in writing, and all I have to do is test drive/inspect the car and sign paper work.

Didn't trade in or anything. Didn't get any accessories or extra add ons, but the dealer included a complimentary first oil change. Pretty happy with this purchase!

Congrats and it is a very good price. You got little cheaper than mine. Enjoy your new ride.

Just purchased a 18 GT FWD Machine grey this past weekend!

MSRP: $41,710
Sale price: $36,827
(includes 0% @ 60mth, $500 mazda owner discount and current rebates)
Out the door: $40,400

Getting this price was as simple as using dealer websites and getting eprices. Out of the 6 I requested prices for, only 2 responded back with a price. I went with the lowest price because the other dealer quoted me $500 over MSRP out the door. I simply ignored the other dealers that didn't give me a price via email, because most of them would try calling and ask me to come into the showroom.

My expectation is to walk into the dealer, out the door price already negotiated in writing, and all I have to do is test drive/inspect the car and sign paper work.

Didn't trade in or anything. Didn't get any accessories or extra add ons, but the dealer included a complimentary first oil change. Pretty happy with this purchase!

I did like you except my 6 dealers I gave a out the door price of $39k and told them I don't care what they do with the numbers. 5 said no thanks, not gonna happen, no answer and come in and we'll talk. Well my final said "we can do that" went in did the paper work and was out in about an hour.

Hey All,

Previous 2007 Mazda 3 owner, current 2016 Mazda 6 owner, and brand new 2018 CX-9 owner!

Got the CX-9 for my wife - was wondering if you guys can tell me how I did :)

2018 Mazda CX-9 Snowflake Crystal White
Touring
AWD
Premium Package
MSRP: $39,825
$500 loyalty discount + dealer/manufacturer rebates
Sales Price: $33,000 (got them to throw in a cargo cover)
OTD Price: $36,300
Standard Mazda financing. Decided not to opt for 0% financing
Note: my local dealership offers standard free lifetime car washes and a standard 10 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
Hey All,

Previous 2007 Mazda 3 owner, current 2016 Mazda 6 owner, and brand new 2018 CX-9 owner!

Got the CX-9 for my wife - was wondering if you guys can tell me how I did :)

2018 Mazda CX-9 Snowflake Crystal White
Touring
AWD
Premium Package
MSRP: $39,825
$500 loyalty discount + dealer/manufacturer rebates
Sales Price: $33,000 (got them to throw in a cargo cover)
OTD Price: $36,300
Standard Mazda financing. Decided not to opt for 0% financing
Note: my local dealership offers standard free lifetime car washes and a standard 10 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty

Thanks in advanced!
Amazing. Here I thought I did good at $5400 off.

Awesome deal at almost 7k off! Touring is an excellent value. But GT is the sweet spot probably.

Just picked up a 2018 CX-9 Signature in machine gray for $38,688 + tax & DMV in the SF Bay Area, which included $2000 in factory rebates which expired 2/28.

Just picked up a 2018 CX-9 Signature in machine gray for $38,688 + tax & DMV in the SF Bay Area, which included $2000 in factory rebates which expired 2/28.

That's the price range I'm targetting here in SoCal. If you don't mind me asking, was your Out the Door price in the range of 42K after all was said and done?

Eastern PA
18 GT AWD
MSRP $43,665
Price $39,918

Also realize I had a trade so they may have had some play on my trade in number.

Looking at a purchasing a new ‘leftover’ 2017 CX-9 Grand Touring. I have no idea what I should offer for a 2017 ‘leftover’.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! New to this forum, so please let me know if there is a different thread I need to be posting to. Thanks!

Looking at a purchasing a new ‘leftover’ 2017 CX-9 Grand Touring. I have no idea what I should offer for a 2017 ‘leftover’.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! New to this forum, so please let me know if there is a different thread I need to be posting to. Thanks!

Pricing will differ based on location and dealer. I would suggest getting as many quotes as possible from different dealers. Then try to get 10-15% off of their asking price. Given that it's a "leftover" situation, you may not be able to get comparable quotes, but regardless of that, I suggest negotiating to get the best cash price - do not discuss financing rates or trade-ins until after you've agreed on a cash price. If you opt for warranty or any additional service, those are also negotiable as well.

I'm sure others who have more experience will chime in.

So glad I found this forum. Thanks for the advice. It’s so difficult to come up with a ‘fair’ price when you see some dealers offering the 2018 GT for less than a 2017 GT.

Picked mine up on Saturday:

2018 GT AWD Machine Gray
I had an E-Plan pin but my dealer bested the price...$37,800 including loyalty rebate plus 0% for 63 months.

This is my 5th Mazda and loving it so far!

Picked mine up on Saturday:

2018 GT AWD Machine Gray
I had an E-Plan pin but my dealer bested the price...$37,800 including loyalty rebate plus 0% for 63 months.

This is my 5th Mazda and loving it so far!

Thanks for the response. So, I should expect to get a 2017 GT for much less, right?
I've been told they want to move the 2017 leftovers and will let them go for next to nothing.

Thanks for the response. So, I should expect to get a 2017 GT for much less, right?
I've been told they want to move the 2017 leftovers and will let them go for next to nothing.
It may be possible. You should shop prices on both years and compare. 2018 has some good updates that made it an easy choice for me.

Back