Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mazda CX 9 Pricing

Registered Member

CX-9 GT

I was looking to replace or add a car to replace my 2007 Pacifica Limited and found the CX-9. Being in the aviation field, they had me with the Heads Up Display. I originally was going to get the touring with the touring package but could not get anyone to accept my offer. so after a few weeks of trying different dealers I had decided to see what they would nibble on for a GT. I offered 39k US out the door price to 5 dealers. finally one took me up so I am now the owner of a 2018 Blue GT CX-9. Now the hard part. Getting my wife trained on the techno in it.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by tekbis View Post
    Does the $55K pricing include taxes already? I assume it does given it's only 5% gst in AB... If it does then that's a good deal already given the limited wiggle room we have here in Cda. Congrats on your purchase and you'll be happy withthe CX9 even better the upgraded features on the 2018 vs the 2016/2017 MY...
    Yep, $55,250 is the all-in cash price before financing. They also worked in the three month deferral as it will be a promo for Boxing Day, which was nice because it saves us a drive back there.

Registered Member

Mazda, CX9/Signature

I'm very motivated in buying a new 2018 Mazda CX9, Signature Trim level. I've been emailing a few dealerships and pretty much get around the same Out The Door pricing, which is approximately 44K. I'm telling all the dealerships (via Email) that I will only buy if the price is in the 42K range Out the Door. Is this such a ridiculous price? Or is it that they won't do that type of negotiation via email. I've read on this thread that getting a 2018 Signature CX9 in the 42K range out the door isn't too far fetched. Am I wrong?

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by Dinky89484 View Post
    I'm very motivated in buying a new 2018 Mazda CX9, Signature Trim level. I've been emailing a few dealerships and pretty much get around the same Out The Door pricing, which is approximately 44K. I'm telling all the dealerships (via Email) that I will only buy if the price is in the 42K range Out the Door. Is this such a ridiculous price? Or is it that they won't do that type of negotiation via email. I've read on this thread that getting a 2018 Signature CX9 in the 42K range out the door isn't too far fetched. Am I wrong?
    I find it hard to compare prices with other forum posters. Someone may brag about an amazing deal they got on the sales price, but leave out the fact they got hosed on the value of their trade in. So many people focus on sales price, and just accept whatever trade in is offered to them.

Also, comparing out the door pricing is odd, because it includes unavoidable location specific fees that can vary widely from one area to another. Some states have higher DMV fees to register a car. Some states have no sales tax while some charge over 7%. That can change the out the door price of a car thousands of dollars.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX9 GT Crystal Blue

Grahamb- I agree with your above statement. So here's my full disclosure. I think I posted an out the door price before of $40,000.

2018 CX9 GT Blue- $37,230 November 28. 2017. Houston, TX area. No trade in, no financing. It did include a $1000 instant rebate and a $500 customer loyalty rebate. Others have gotten better deals but I was patient and got the best deal I could get at the time. I thought it was a fair deal and I am very happy with the car.

I also agree with grahamb. Dinky89484, you're not crazy to ask for that price, but whether or not you can expect to get it is really dependent on your market and how much volume the dealerships have. Higher volume/sales usually means they're more willing to take a profit hit since they've made profits on other sales.

Conversely, some dealerships may be so hard up for sales that they will try to compete with a higher volume dealership to earn your business. For example, in my case, one dealership located 90 minutes out of the city was competing with a dealership that was local to me. At the local dealership, I had the typical dealership experience. Nothing really stood out to make me want to give them my business. At the other dealership, the salesman I dealt with was very accommodating, maintained excellent communication without pressuring me to make a decision, and went out of his way to answer any questions I had in a timely manner.

I basically hammered out my deal over email, but it really depends on the person you're dealing with. I like to be up front about who I'm dealing with, so I made sure to let each dealership I was talking to know which other dealerships I had contacted and what prices they were quoting me. It also helps to be patient as mentioned above. When the end of the month comes, some salespeople are willing to flex a little more on pricing because they want to close the sale for the month. It also helps to make sure that you get quotes in writing, via text or email. This will make it easier for the salespeople to justify a lowered price to their sales managers/finance managers.

For the record, I negotiated an all-in (taxes and fees) cash price, and would not discuss financing options or trade-ins until we had agreed on a cash price. I did provide a downpayment amount if they asked. In the end, I financed an all-in price of 43,400 USD with no trade-in. This included about 1400 USD of OEM accessories, the rust protection treatment (~450 USD), 3M paint protection film on the hood, bumper, fenders and mirrors(~700 USD according to the dealer), the four year extended warranty (~800 USD), and five free oil changes (dealer-quoted value of ~440 USD). It would have been awesome if I was able to take advantage of the student rebate and the loyalty rebate as well, but I'm pretty happy with the deal I got.
    Last edited by sm1ke; 01-12-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda, CX9/Signature

Thank you all for the input! I didn't consider the things you guys mentioned. Appreciate it.

Registered Member

2108 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Dinky89484 View Post
    You are not wrong. I know several places you could actually beat that price. I purchased my wife a 2018 Signature white CX-9 for 39,619 included a 1000 dollar rebate with no trade in and financing. I also got other prices from the another local dealer of ~40,400 including the 1000 dollar rebate no trade in and no financing. If you call around I am sure you can get a good price.

14' Mazda6 GT Tech, 17' Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD V6, BMW S1000R/RR

Is that sales or OTD price?

Registered Member

Mazda, CX9/Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Zac76 View Post
    You are not wrong. I know several places you could actually beat that price. I purchased my wife a 2018 Signature white CX-9 for 39,619 included a 1000 dollar rebate with no trade in and financing. I also got other prices from the another local dealer of ~40,400 including the 1000 dollar rebate no trade in and no financing. If you call around I am sure you can get a good price.
    Thank you! That makes me feel stronger about holding my stubbornness about the pricing.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
    Is that sales or OTD price?
    That was the Out The Door price. It was just before Christmas so they might not be willing to deal quite that much now.

14' Mazda6 GT Tech, 17' Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD V6, BMW S1000R/RR

So I was right before. It’s not a great deal if you don’t get atleast 15% below msrp. You got a very good deal. What was the sales price without TTL?

Quote Originally Posted by Zac76 View Post
    Just curious, were any accessories/upgrades or other add-ons like extended warranty included in your OTD price?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Just curious, were any accessories/upgrades or other add-ons like extended warranty included in your OTD price?
    No, the signature comes with carpet floor mats and cargo mat. The only thing that made the price higher was the white paint was a 200 dollar option. There not any other add ons or extended warranty

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
    So I was right before. It’s not a great deal if you don’t get atleast 15% below msrp. You got a very good deal. What was the sales price without TTL?
    Yes it was without TTL. In Arkansas, you don't pay those to the dealer. You pay them directly to the state. The tax is not cheap but the title fee is about 10 dollars and license is about 20 dollars.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast