2018 Mazda CX 9 Pricing

A quick update: as mentioned in the Dealership thread, I am finding $39,600 (if NOT choosing the financing) seems to be a rather hard floor for Signature CX-9s here in southwestern PA.

It is more likely a mix-up on the website info; regardless of "whats new for 19", it would not make sense to sell Sigs so much cheaper than the GTs.

after I contacted dealer about those cx9's, they corrected the prices right away to $41K.
They did not sound too excited about making a deal with me at $36000 + tax.
I ended up buying a 2018 X3 last weekend. Multiple BMW dealers were eager to give me hefty discounts on 2018 models.

A quick update: as mentioned in the Dealership thread, I am finding $39,600 (if NOT choosing the financing) seems to be a rather hard floor for Signature CX-9s here in southwestern PA.

Just purchased a 2018 CX9 Sig in Black for $39,500.00, MSRP $45.415. I probably could have haggled some more, but I thought the price was fair and didn't want to ruin the relationship :).

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Looking at CX 9 Touring Awd with Performance Package that has been on the lot for 178 days . I have a 16 cx5 GT and need more space , it should net me a 5000 down payment. Dealer has it online for 35978.00 . What would be a good price on the Touring , I believe they have $2k customer cash program . Not sure if this is included in price since I have not gone in yet to talk price .Any ideas??? Thanks

Looking at CX 9 Touring Awd with Performance Package that has been on the lot for 178 days . I have a 16 cx5 GT and need more space , it should net me a 5000 down payment. Dealer has it online for 35978.00 . What would be a good price on the Touring , I believe they have $2k customer cash program . Not sure if this is included in price since I have not gone in yet to talk price .Any ideas??? Thanks

What is the "Performance Package" they're talking about? I've never heard of it.

You'd also need to provide mileage and exterior/interior condition to get a better idea of what price you can aim for. As you may have seen in the recent posts above, 2018 Sigs are going for around $39,500 (granted, they are in different markets). You should be able to get a much better deal than $36k on a used Touring.

What is the "Performance Package" they're talking about? I've never heard of it.

You'd also need to provide mileage and exterior/interior condition to get a better idea of what price you can aim for. As you may have seen in the recent posts above, 2018 Sigs are going for around $39,500 (granted, they are in different markets). You should be able to get a much better deal than $36k on a used Touring.

Sorry I guess i need to clarify a few things . It is a new 18 CX9 Touring leftover and it has the Tech package .It been on the lot for a long time and just want to get a ball park figure of what I should pay . On the CX5 site there is plenty of post concerning prices paid but not much here .Thanks

Sorry I guess i need to clarify a few things . It is a new 18 CX9 Touring leftover and it has the Tech package .It been on the lot for a long time and just want to get a ball park figure of what I should pay . On the CX5 site there is plenty of post concerning prices paid but not much here .Thanks
Do yourself a favor. Drive the car on the highway and make sure there is no vibration. If there is dont buy the car until its fixed. Especailly given how long its been on the lot who knows if tires have flat spotted etc. several people have had vibration issues which for me is a tire issue.

Do yourself a favor. Drive the car on the highway and make sure there is no vibration. If there is dont buy the car until its fixed. Especailly given how long its been on the lot who knows if tires have flat spotted etc. several people have had vibration issues which for me is a tire issue.

I will look for that , thanks !!

Anyone bought a CX-9 recently? Looking at a signature. Figure with it being Dec, the dealers will wanna push these off the lot asap. The number in my head is $38k before tax and tag. Don't really think it's that far off as some are listed under $40k currently. What's every thought?

Yes 35K would be a fair price...However be prepared to walk out the door if they push back. It's near the end of the month they will probably need to meet their quota. Good Luck.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Talked to a Mazda sales man who said customer cash on leftover 18s going to 2500 along with other rebates . Seems to be plenty around on lots .

Just purchased a 2018 CX9 Sig in Black for $39,500.00, MSRP $45.415. I probably could have haggled some more, but I thought the price was fair and didn't want to ruin the relationship :).

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

$39,500 OTD including TTL?

$39,500 OTD including TTL?

No sir, not including TTL. I probably could have gone to another dealer near the port of Baltimore for a better price, however time is money. I waited until the end of the month, October 29th to make a move. I think Mazda will provide even better incentives for the 2018*s to move it*s inventory now that the 2019*s are becoming more plentiful.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
No sir, not including TTL. I probably could have gone to another dealer near the port of Baltimore for a better price, however time is money. I waited until the end of the month, October 29th to make a move. I think Mazda will provide even better incentives for the 2018*s to move it*s inventory now that the 2019*s are becoming more plentiful.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Hi Azeke,

Just FYI, OTD (Out The Door) normally means the stated price includes TTL (Tax, Tag, and Licensing). However, the price before TTL is, to me, a more useful number since the TTL values vary greatly between states, even counties, at times. Thanks for the clarification, though. It is helpful, at least, to me.

EDIT: My mistake. Azeke did not state OTD in the original post.
Just purchased a 2018 CX9 Sig in Black for $39,500.00, MSRP $45.415.
Sorry, Azeke.

I just took a peek at the Mazda incentives for December 2018 on the Mazda website and the 2018 CX-9s seem to have the following offers available:
  • $1500 rebate OR 1.9% APR for 60 months
  • $500 rebate if trading in a Mazda vehicle
  • $750 loyalty rebate for current Mazda owners (does not require a trade-in vehicle)

A good negotiator (or a desperate dealership) might be able to get the $1500 rebate AND the 1.9% APR for 60 months, in addition to the 2 rebates available to Mazda owners. :)

Last edited:
Back