2018 Mazda CX 9 Pricing

McLarty in North Little Rock. Superior was the second best price that I could get.
We are in little rock dealt with crain. Superior was a thousand less. Crain nor Mclarty had the red my wife wanted in stock. Superior was easy to work with, whole thing was by email.

This was the second time crain has lost a sale to us. When I bought my 5 in 2011 I could not find a manual transmission in Arkansas. Closest one was in Austin, Texas. Even with the airline ticket and gas it was over $1200 less not including shipping.

We are in little rock dealt with crain. Superior was a thousand less. Crain nor Mclarty had the red my wife wanted in stock. Superior was easy to work with, whole thing was by email.

This was the second time crain has lost a sale to us. When I bought my 5 in 2011 I could not find a manual transmission in Arkansas. Closest one was in Austin, Texas. Even with the airline ticket and gas it was over $1200 less not including shipping.

Crain did not give us a very good deal and were very pushy. I would have gone to McLarty or Superior even if Crain's price had been about the same just because of dealing with them was not a good experience. Superior definitely has a better selection that McLarty but they could not match the price. The salesman at Superior was very nice and even told me he completely understood me going with the better price but to check with him again next time we are shopping for a car.

Crain did not give us a very good deal and were very pushy. I would have gone to McLarty or Superior even if Crain's price had been about the same just because of dealing with them was not a good experience. Superior definitely has a better selection that McLarty but they could not match the price. The salesman at Superior was very nice and even told me he completely understood me going with the better price but to check with him again next time we are shopping for a car.

I drove an hour and a half outside of the city to close the deal for my CX-9 for the same reasons you did. The salesman at one of the local dealerships was extremely pushy and even rude at times. He promised things and then backpedaled when I came in to talk. The other local dealership I was considering wouldn't even talk to me when I told them I was shopping at two other dealerships.. very, very unprofessional IMO.

Got one with Titanium Flash Mica GT, 2018 for 41,540 (excluding tax, license etc). Hope I didnt pay too high.

That sounds high. Zac76 paid about the same (not including his $1k rebate) for a 2018 Signature, and his was an OTD price.

Should have got 5-6k off at least

Every dealership so far that I've been emailing says they can't get to the Out the Door pricing I am seeking for the Signature Trim. I want it in the 42K range and they all quote me around the 45K range out the door. Each dealership is willing to compete but they all say that they can compete within hundreds, but not if the price i'm seeking is far way by thousands. Should I still remain patient and try to stick to this 42K range?

Please talk MSRP savings. All states have different TTL and fees. Stick till end of month like Zac did.

What CB said. It's easiest to talk MSRP savings, and you'll get the best deal if you can hold out til the end of the month, sometimes two. I've heard from many that it's a game of patience.. you have to wait them out while sticking to your guns.

MSRP: $45,490 - Was offered: $40,077 (Based off Mazda Credit standard rate promotion) (Additional $300 off for same day purchase!**)

Another dealer: Market Value = 45,255.00. Discount = 3,635. Rebate savings = 1000. Vehicle (after Savings) = 40,620.00. Taxes / Fees 4,462.25. Due on Delivery (Out the Door) = 45,082.25.

I find it hard to compare prices with other forum posters. Someone may brag about an amazing deal they got on the sales price, but leave out the fact they got hosed on the value of their trade in. So many people focus on sales price, and just accept whatever trade in is offered to them.

Also, comparing out the door pricing is odd, because it includes unavoidable location specific fees that can vary widely from one area to another. Some states have higher DMV fees to register a car. Some states have no sales tax while some charge over 7%. That can change the out the door price of a car thousands of dollars.

I am a new Mazda owner (cx5). I agree with you about forum price posting. So many variables to juggle through and figure out when purchasing a new car. Thanks for your
Input. (hi)

Yep, $55,250 is the all-in cash price before financing. They also worked in the three month deferral as it will be a promo for Boxing Day, which was nice because it saves us a drive back there.

Sm1ke, What was the All in cash price before the accessories were added? Dealing on a GT in the Edmonton area.

Sm1ke, What was the All in cash price before the accessories were added? Dealing on a GT in the Edmonton area.

Unfortunately I didn't price the car out "barebones" to start, so the accessories were always included. That said, based on what Mazda.ca says for the MSRP of the accessories, the all-in cash price for my Signature without my add-ons would have been approximately $51k. You can get it $1000 lower if you or a family member was a previous Mazda owner, and an additional $500 off if you or a family member is currently a student.

If it matters, my add-ons were:
OEM accessories totalling $1780
Extended warranty and rust inhibitor treatment totalling $1500
3M HFBM application approximately $850
Five free oil changes, which according to the dealer cost $550
Free delivery to my home in Calgary from Leduc

That was the best deal I could get after North Hill Mazda (Calgary) refused to quote me a price when I told them I was dealing with Sunridge Mazda (Calgary) and L.A. Mazda (Leduc). The sales experience I had at Leduc was, by far, the best experience I've ever had buying a car.

You can send me a PM if you'd like my salesman's contact information. He actually bought one of the CX-9 demo units himself after he sold me my Signature lol

Just purchased a 18 GT FWD Machine grey this past weekend!

MSRP: $41,710
Sale price: $36,827
(includes 0% @ 60mth, $500 mazda owner discount and current rebates)
Out the door: $40,400

Getting this price was as simple as using dealer websites and getting eprices. Out of the 6 I requested prices for, only 2 responded back with a price. I went with the lowest price because the other dealer quoted me $500 over MSRP out the door. I simply ignored the other dealers that didn't give me a price via email, because most of them would try calling and ask me to come into the showroom.

My expectation is to walk into the dealer, out the door price already negotiated in writing, and all I have to do is test drive/inspect the car and sign paper work.

Didn't trade in or anything. Didn't get any accessories or extra add ons, but the dealer included a complimentary first oil change. Pretty happy with this purchase!

Last edited:
That sounds high. Zac76 paid about the same (not including his $1k rebate) for a 2018 Signature, and his was an OTD price.

Are you sure? Which area and which dealer? So that I can check with them. If I can give a pointer may be they will be ok to negotiate further!? Anyhow I got it but still I have 2 days left for buyers remorse period.

Back