CX-9 turbo 4 coming to the 6!

Was going to buy a CX-5 or another 3 hatch, but I think ill wait for the 6 coupe/speed or whatever they want to call it with the 2.5T

"Producing torque on par with 4-liter V8, this engine offers an effortless performance feel that is equal parts composure and excitement."

(dance)

Finally!

Although this really was a no-brainer... The 2014 up Mazda6 platform/chassis has been aching for some more power from the get-go.

So now I wonder how they will decide to tweak the tune on the motor for the Mazda6 platform. Will they keep it 250hp/310trq, or will they tune for a lower torque but higher HP? (something like a 280hp/280trq)... The addition of cylinder deactivation will certainly help tweak the mpg figures, looking forward to sampling that.

AWD would be the clincher for me...(bolt)

Last edited:
Maybe now Mazda will finally actually market the 6, as opposed to just letting it sit in dealership showrooms without any sort of marketing or advertising support.
Come on Mazda, do the right thing and start getting behind this car. It has languished for far too long.
Time to kick a little Camry/Accord butt.

Any links for turbo with 6 speed (assume you meant manual)..and cooled seats? I didn't see those mentioned specifically.

Last edited:
Any links for turbo with 6 speed (assume you meant manual)..and cooled seats? I didn't see those mentioned specifically.

I don't have a link, it was on Twitter. Someone tweeted to Mazda USA that Turbo and 6 Speed would keep in a 6 for a Decade and Mazda USA tweeted back "Enjoy your decade!"

Ill take that..thanks! Any awd related tweets?

Only on their facebook, someone asked about an MS6 and Mazda USA replied, we don't like giving away future product information.. take it with a grain of salt lol. I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks!

From Mazda- We understand the desire from some of our fans to resurrect Mazdaspeed but don't want to give away future product plans away.

Last edited:
any idea on when these would hit the dealers? I was looking to getting the new CX5 as soon as December but this news just made me double think that.

any idea on when these would hit the dealers? I was looking to getting the new CX5 as soon as December but this news just made me double think that.

My guess is the second quarter as the 2016.5 CX5 was announced in December, available in January then the 2017 models sold in late March/April.

I'm sure Mazda wants to empty the 2016.5 Mazda6 models for a few more months. Then my wild guess is a new Mazda3 might be announced at the NY Autoshow.

People in other forums mentioned how you could zoom into the high res pictures and see the switch for the cooled seats.

I was reading through Mazda's Facebook post and one of their replies regarding a manual was that it won't be available with the turbo. Only the NA engine. Tis unfortunate if true.

(dance)

Finally!

Although this really was a no-brainer... The 2014 up Mazda6 platform/chassis has been aching for some more power from the get-go.

So now I wonder how they will decide to tweak the tune on the motor for the Mazda6 platform. Will they keep it 250hp/310trq, or will they tune for a lower torque but higher HP? (something like a 280hp/280trq)... The addition of cylinder deactivation will certainly help tweak the mpg figures, looking forward to sampling that.

why?

you don't need more HP. The torque feeling in the cx9 is amazing. power just from 1800rpm. I had the V6 and have the cx9 turbo since june 2016... it's amazing how the Dynamic Pressure Turbo works. Power power power. The new mazda 6 with turbo must be crazy fast!!!!

I always always repeats the same in my cx9 when hit the gas: OMG!!! this engine in a mazda6 or cx5 must be a crazy ride!

I was reading through Mazda's Facebook post and one of their replies regarding a manual was that it won't be available with the turbo. Only the NA engine. Tis unfortunate if true.

the gearbox on the cx9 works really great with the turbo. it's already tuned to the max. no issues at all. too much torque!

(dance)

Finally!

Cylinder deactivation is only on the non-turbo engine. The mpg figures will be better than the CX-9 due to the lower weight of the Mazda6.

Cylinder deactivation is only on the non-turbo engine. The mpg figures will be better than the CX-9 due to the lower weight of the Mazda6.

and the mpg in the cx9 turbo is better than cx9 v6 first generation.

and the turbo engine from mazda used in cx9 is DPT, able to run with premium or regular gas without torque loss. It's just amazing. all my previous turbos from other brands always require premium. not with mazda. I has been using regular gas since several months now and it's great. you loss 20HP with regular gas but the torque is the same (310).

The weight of the 2017 Mazda 6 GT is ~3250lbs,
the weight of the 2017 Mazda CX-9 is ~4250lbs,
so there is a 1000lb difference. (drive)

Given that the current 0-60mph is 7.2 for the half ton heavier 2017 CX-9...

What will the 0-60 be for the 2018 Mazda 6 Turbo... with the 65 hp/125 trq additional?

Can we possibly see a 6 second Mazda6? (laugh)

Back