Lug Nuts & Key for 2017 CX-5 GT 19" Wheels

Dear Friends

What is the size of the lug nuts that comes with the US version of 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD? I changed by wheels and the new wheels have smaller diameter holes than the stock wheels. I need to buy a new key. Thank you.

KC

On your model/year, what size socket fits stock lug nuts? I think a 13/64 as best as I could measure.

The lug nuts are metric, at least on the 2016 models. My stock lugs use a 21mm socket. I have a set of thin walled impact sockets from Greys pneumatic that are very nice. They are the same thickness as regular sockets but strong enough to work on impact guns. They are called DuoSockets for this reason. I also have a set of 1/2" deep impact sockets designed for taking wheels off. They have a plastic colar around the outside of the socket to protect the wheels. Those work for the stock wheels but my aftermarket winter wheels the holes are a bit smaller making those sockets a very tight fit.

What he is saying is, the standard 21mm nut won’t go into the bore of the aftermarket wheel so I guess he needs the thread size to find smaller nuts. I would be wary of doing so in case any nuts, if they can be identified, could be inferior at securing the wheel. It’s the wheels that need to go back to the supplier IMO.

Back