2018s on way?

:
2017 CX-5 Touring with I-Activesense in Eternal Blue Mica
One dealer offered to order one, said the wait was about three months

I'm pretty sure you should find a new dealer lol. They're probably 4-5 months away... and who would order one without knowing anything about it?

I'm pretty sure you should find a new dealer lol. They're probably 4-5 months away... and who would order one without knowing anything about it?

Why is 4-5 months any more accurate than 3 months when CY 2018 is less than 2 months away?

Why is 4-5 months any more accurate than 3 months when CY 2018 is less than 2 months away?

Well for starters it's about 50% off... but I was also being generous. I believe the 2017MY cars were available in April so that would be closer to the 5 month estimate. There's also the issue of a dealer trying to push a vehicle that has no information about it available yet. Combine those two issues? Well, you have a dealer you should run from :p

Well for starters it's about 50% off... but I was also being generous. I believe the 2017MY cars were available in April so that would be closer to the 5 month estimate. There's also the issue of a dealer trying to push a vehicle that has no information about it available yet. Combine those two issues? Well, you have a dealer you should run from :p

They might have some issue but a reasonable person would wait until it's closer to the end of 2017 before peddling a 2018 model!

Be careful as sometimes manufacturers delete some items on a later model year and up the price e.g. Peugeot 3008 - slide out boot tray no longer available and standard interior LED bulbs deleted except for higher trim levels. (And yes I may be thinking of a 3008 for the next car.) (outie) Outstanding supportive seats ( for me anyway), plus you don't have to have leather seats to get the necessary toys. Plus Android Auto and Apple Carplay and TomTom navigation with "proper live traffic" as standard except for the really basic trim level. Plus Auto petrol available. There are pros and cons for each.

Last edited:
Be careful as sometimes manufacturers delete some items on a later model year and up the price e.g. Peugeot 3008 - slide out boot tray no longer available and standard interior LED bulbs deleted except for higher trim levels. (And yes I may be thinking of a 3008 for the next car.) (outie) Outstanding supportive seats ( for me anyway), plus you don't have to have leather seats to get the necessary toys. Plus Android Auto and Apple Carplay and TomTom navigation with "proper live traffic" as standard except for the really basic trim level. Plus Auto petrol available. There are pros and cons for each.
My choice would more likely be the 308. I’m a big fan of 5 door hatches, which we don’t get enough of in the US. BUt since Peugeot is a non-starter here, it’s a moot point!

It would seem that if there were any major changes for 2018 we would have heard about them by now. The 2017 is a great model year. Why wait for the unknown 2018?

Just to be clear, he had no incentive to push me to a future order rather than take something from inventory . He was just saying that the particular configuration I was asking for could no longer be special ordered for 2017 but could for 2018. Ultimately we did find a car in another dealers inventory and we are negotiating now.

BUt since Peugeot is a non-starter here, its a moot point!

I used to have a Peugeot 306 that was a non starter sometimes(lol) It could go round corners as though on rails in conjunction with a compliant suspension. Best handling car I've ever had.

Not waiting for 2018's, Should be the same basically but maybe another color choice and most likely more $$$.

Back