2017 CX-5 Radar cruise control intermittently disabled below 20mph

I got a similar message three times today on the way home. It also said something about adverse conditions. It went away on it's own after a minute or two.

I got a similar message three times today on the way home. It also said something about adverse conditions. It went away on it's own after a minute or two.

More precautionary. If nothing came up and something happened the Mazda gets blamed

More precautionary. If nothing came up and something happened the Mazda gets blamed

Yep, like the Mitsubishi scandal that happened in the Philippines a short while back. Their Pajero Sport vehicles were being blamed for sudden acceleration which led to accidents. I saw one video where the Mitsu accelerated in reverse and smashed into something then went forward doing the same thing.

My main suspicions are that it was driver error but it did hurt Mitsu’s image.

@2 Days old-2018 CX5-GT Master Warning radar cruise control disabled under 20 MPH

I just bought a brand new 2018 CX5 Grand touring.
I get this message going 70+ mph " radar cruise control disabled under 20 MPH"
and under the warnings it has the yellow triangle with the exclamation inside
reads: "SBS Brake/MRCC Unavailable under the Warning"
Already brought it back to the dealer, said nothing wrong?
I don't want to keep bringing it back in for them to "check" it?
I live N.H. but it is happening on beautiful sunny days and is garagaded every night?
Thanks for listenting
Any help would be most appreciated.

I live N.H. but it is happening on beautiful sunny days and is garagaded every night?
Thanks for listenting

Make sure the camera area behind the rear vision mirror is clean and not covered by anything

Thanks for listenting
Was the error on the screen when you brought it to the dealer?

Did you try cleaning off the front emblem?

If that didn't help, it's most likely a bad module, and if so, it's a dealer issue. Do you have another dealer within a reasonable distance to try?

Make sure your windshield is really clean. I suspect stuff like spray wax or detailer that got on the glass affects the cameras vision.

Brand New - Warning Messages when using cruise control going 70mph

2/18/18
This is my 2nd 2018 CX-5 GT, it has 825 miles on it.
The first one had the Radar/Brake warning messages, continuously, So I wanted a replacement.
I just got the same message again with the new "new" vehicle. I don't know what to do next?
I don't feel the car is operating the way a brand new car should, no warnings?

Anyone have any ideas my next move?

The photo I tried to insert may not show I can send them if want?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18K454njaD0pgx4C7df_YTlQHeYLK6_dlXg/view?usp=sharing

I have dated pictures of the error, they did not tell me if they saw it or not on the last vehicle. I just got this replacement last week, I also had a remote start installed, not factory.

The dealer does not know how to fix this error, I brought it back 3 times, it is not the module. They don't know why, that's why I have another vehicle, unfortunately it happened again today.

Checked all these?

Setting the System

The MRCC with Stop & Go function system operates when all of the following conditions are met.

Vehicle speed is 0 km/h (0 mph) to 145 km/h (90 mph)

The MRCC with Stop & Go function is turned on.

The brake pedal is not depressed.

The electric parking brake (EPB) is released (electric parking brake (EPB) indicator light is turned off).

There is no problem with the DSC.

All the doors are closed.

The driver's seat belt is fastened.

The selector lever is in the drive (D) position or manual (M) position (manual mode).

In the following cases, the MRCC with Stop & Go function system is canceled when the vehicle is traveling at 30 km/h (19 mph) or less and “Mazda Radar Cruise Control disabled under 30 km/h” is displayed in the multi-information display.

The Forward Sensing Camera (FSC) cannot detect target objects (There is problem with the Forward Sensing Camera (FSC) or windshield is dirty).

There is a problem with the stop hold control function.

There is a problem with the electric parking brake (EPB).

It may not be possible to set the MRCC with Stop & Go function system directly after starting the engine, while the DSC operation is being checked.

The dealer does not know how to fix this error, I brought it back 3 times, it is not the module. They don't know why, that's why I have another vehicle, unfortunately it happened again today.

How do they know it's not the module considering they don't know how to fix the error (uhm)

It may be time to call Mazda USA corporate. Also, keep all the papers and anything related to the service they have done.

I dont think its an error. According to the distance recognition support system, not all of the conditions are met. I think the system is designed to act like a cruise control and obviously even stop and go but things start to get very difficult at low speed. For that reason, it cant reliably maintain a distance below 20 - for example drive the car in city traffic. Read the pdf on the warnings first and then the one on DRSS.

Edit the one on warnings is too big.

It basically categorises the warning that the disabling under 20mph to the DRSS which is attached.

If the op goes to the warnings in the centre display, it will have a more detailed explanation that might explain what is upsetting it.

Back