2017 CX-5 Radar cruise control intermittently disabled below 20mph

Anyone figure this out?

I installed the Fortin in my wife’s 20 GT last week(was previously installed in the 16 we traded) and I’m seeing the TPMS light and Radar cruise below 20 warning. It is on the latest firmware.

I did a quick test this morning and the radar cruise warning won’t show if you disable it before turning the car off. I guess I’ll just make the routine for now. The error triangle is annoying.

So this is totally intermittent and I can’t find a pattern. Turning the cruise off before shutting off the vehicle is no longer preventing the error.

Anyone figure this out?

I installed the Fortin in my wife’s 20 GT last week(was previously installed in the 16 we traded) and I’m seeing the TPMS light and Radar cruise below 20 warning. It is on the latest firmware.

I did a quick test this morning and the radar cruise warning won’t show if you disable it before turning the car off. I guess I’ll just make the routine for now. The error triangle is annoying.
I have installed Fortin EVO One with TharoneMaz3 harness on my 2017 CX5 GT after install I found out that one of the wires in my harness was loose after sorting this out everything works perfectly except few things, if the car is started via EVO remote start and I had my cruise control enabled before I shut the engine off then I will get error “Mazda Radar Cruise Control is disabled under 20” displayed on dash when I start driving but cruise control still work fine auto lock will not work when car is started via EVO, if the cruise control setting was off before I start the car with EVO (unlock the door get in the car and press PTS button for takeover) and start driving I will not get “Mazda Radar Cruise Control is disabled under 20” error displayed. When the car is started normally there is no errors.
Spoke with Fortin Tech support they recommended only few remedies.

1) Go to EVO one set up and enable car shut off on door open option D3 basically when the car started via EVO One open the door the car will shut off and then you would have to press PTS button to start it again ( I don’t like this option)

2) Keep everything the way it is now (Start the car via EVO remote start unlock/open the door and press brake pedal the car would shut off and then you would have to press PTS button to start it again.

This is the two solutions you have if you still want to use EVO ONE as a remote start and in both options the error will not be displayed, not sure about other aftermarket remote starters.

Just want to let everyone know that Fortin has released firmware update for EVO One Ver 85.11, this firmware fixes "Auto Hold" and Cruise Control error/problem. Updated mine on 2017 CX5 Evo One and now it works perfectly no issues.

Just experienced this driving on the Florida turnpike. Doing 71, with very light traffic. Two messages: system disabled due to conditions, and system disabled under 20mph. Cleared itself after a minute each time.

Both times I had just passed a trooper in the median. Maybe their radar messes with it temporarily?

Just had a combination of "disabled due to conditions" and "disabled under 20mph"
Was a combination of night, fog and slush landing on windshield
Cleared after 5-10 minutes of extensive windshield washing

I just installed the Evo One, I should be on the latest FW but I can't recall the version.

Couple of things I noticed:

1) the TPMS light is ON when remote start is activated; it goes away once I do the take over. Im ok with that.

2) Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph"

For those of you who experienced the "Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph" error, once you updated to FW ver 85.11, did it address the issue with the error?

3) Hood open and remote start concern.

I did not install the hood pin switch, but considering that I should. Just learned last night that the car DOES allow to autostart with the hood open. anyone else experience this? On my other vehicles, with Evo One, it won't autostart with the hood open.

I just installed the Evo One, I should be on the latest FW but I can't recall the version.

Couple of things I noticed:

1) the TPMS light is ON when remote start is activated; it goes away once I do the take over. Im ok with that.

2) Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph"

For those of you who experienced the "Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph" error, once you updated to FW ver 85.11, did it address the issue with the error?

3) Hood open and remote start concern.

I did not install the hood pin switch, but considering that I should. Just learned last night that the car DOES allow to autostart with the hood open. anyone else experience this? On my other vehicles, with Evo One, it won't autostart with the hood open.
From what I learned from Fortun Support.

#1 - that is normal when on auto start.
#2 - updated to fw 85.12 and "Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph" is gone. Only time will tell.
#3 - I need to pin switch. I'm OK with it for now, maybe later when I add a sensor and/or soren to the Evo One.

Back