Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Radar cruise control intermittently disabled below 20mph

Registered Member

Tesla is not supposed to call their system autonomous. Relying on these systems without maintaining vigilance is what gets a driver into a situation.

Registered Member

Make sure your windshield and sensor up front are clean. For the sensor I used Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer as it is very hydrophobic and repels rain and dirt much better. I even wiped the rear camera lens with it so rain drops don’t stay.

CX-5 GT Premium

It’s “stop and go”. So I use it in stop and go traffic. Works great, be smart and drive defensively and vigilantly.
    I enjoy the member’s comments and top notch knowledge here but - Jeeze, we’ve got some old ladies here.

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

From the user manual:

"Do not use the MRCC with Stop & Go function system in the following locations, using the MRCC with Stop & Go function system at the following locations may result in an unexpected accident:

• General roads other than highways (Driving under these conditions using the MRCC with Stop & Go function system is not possible.) Roads with sharp curves and where vehicle traffic is heavy and there is insufficient space between vehicles.
    • Roads where frequent and repetitive acceleration and deceleration occur (Driving under these conditions using the MRCC with Stop & Go function system is not possible).
    • When entering and exiting interchanges, service areas, and parking areas of highways (If you exit a highway while headway control is in use, the vehicle ahead will no longer be tracked and your vehicle may accelerate to the set speed).
    • Slippery roads such as ice or snow-bound roads (Tires could spin causing you to lose vehicle control, or the stop hold control may not operate.)
    • Long, descending slopes (to maintain distance between vehicles, the system automatically and continuously applies the brakes which could result in the loss of brake power.)
    • Slopes with a steep gradient (The vehicle ahead may not be detected correctly, your vehicle may slide while stopped by the stop hold control, and it may accelerate suddenly after it starts moving.)"

As per the first point, if you want to use it in normal day today traffic, then use it at your own risk
    Last edited by Xeler8ing; 01-15-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech

I use it because it allows me to use cruise control in our residential areas which have a speed limit of 30kph. Normal cruise doesn't work at this speed. One thing I've noticed is that it correlates to the auto brake hold not engaging. It just flashes the light a couple times but then the light stays off. I see auto brake hold as an issue that prevents the low speed cruise from working so I'm thinking brake hold is the root issue. Not sure why though. Guess I'll have to get the car in to a dealer to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by cdaling View Post
    I use it because it allows me to use cruise control in our residential areas which have a speed limit of 30kph. Normal cruise doesn't work at this speed. One thing I've noticed is that it correlates to the auto brake hold not engaging. It just flashes the light a couple times but then the light stays off. I see auto brake hold as an issue that prevents the low speed cruise from working so I'm thinking brake hold is the root issue. Not sure why though. Guess I'll have to get the car in to a dealer to check out.
    From my readings, MRCC won't allow auto hold to work

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    From my readings, MRCC won't allow auto hold to work
    I read it the other way. If Auto Hold was not functional, MRCC will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by cdaling View Post
    I read it the other way. If Auto Hold was not functional, MRCC will not work.
    Ah, ok. Read it the wrong way

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

I can verify that MRCC and auto hold are totally compatible. I have MRCC on at all times [not necessarily active, but always enabled], and usually turn on auto hold. If I approach a stopped vehicle too fast, I get a warning. Even got one today.

What amazes me is that it works so well. There are plenty of times that it might be fooled or inappropriate [RTFM], but those are times that you wouldn't engage standard CC either. But I have never gotten an inappropriate false alarm.

Good to know!

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

I got a similar message three times today on the way home. It also said something about adverse conditions. It went away on it's own after a minute or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkster View Post
    I got a similar message three times today on the way home. It also said something about adverse conditions. It went away on it's own after a minute or two.
    More precautionary. If nothing came up and something happened the Mazda gets blamed

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    More precautionary. If nothing came up and something happened the Mazda gets blamed

Yep, like the Mitsubishi scandal that happened in the Philippines a short while back. Their Pajero Sport vehicles were being blamed for sudden acceleration which led to accidents. I saw one video where the Mitsu accelerated in reverse and smashed into something then went forward doing the same thing.

My main suspicions are that it was driver error but it did hurt Mitsu’s image.

If it was legit vehicle issue then I get it. Sometimes it is not

Registered Member

2018 Mazda, CX-5, Grand Touring

@2 Days old-2018 CX5-GT Master Warning radar cruise control disabled under 20 MPH

I just bought a brand new 2018 CX5 Grand touring.
    I get this message going 70+ mph " radar cruise control disabled under 20 MPH"
    and under the warnings it has the yellow triangle with the exclamation inside
    reads: "SBS Brake/MRCC Unavailable under the Warning"
    Already brought it back to the dealer, said nothing wrong?
    I don't want to keep bringing it back in for them to "check" it?
    I live N.H. but it is happening on beautiful sunny days and is garagaded every night?
    Thanks for listenting
    Any help would be most appreciated.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast