CX Infotainment - Sync Average and Trip A

stu788

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
I have a 2016 CX-9 running the Infotainment OS version 59.00.441 NA N. I've been running this version for a number of months and I have not had a single reboot. It's really been a great experience. However, I do have one question that hopefully one of you can answer.

For some reason, the 'Sync Average and Trip A' option is disabled. (Application > Fuel Economy Monitor > Settings). The only checkbox that is enabled is the selection 'Show Screen at Ignition Off'. Sync Average and Trip A is there, but it's disabled (light gray).

I have never 'hacked' my radio and the truth is I don't recall it ever being enabled when I was running any of the other previous OS versions.

Anyone out there know how to enable this option?

Thanks!

On our UK Mazda 3 with the infotainment system some settings are greyed out unless you meet a certain criteria. I haven't played about with ours for a while but IIRC you need the engine running but the car not moving, or the handbrake on, or the headlights on, or something similar.

On our UK Mazda 3 with the infotainment system some settings are greyed out unless you meet a certain criteria. I haven't played about with ours for a while but IIRC you need the engine running but the car not moving, or the handbrake on, or the headlights on, or something similar.

I agree that a number of settings are disabled when the vehicle is in drive/moving as a safety precaution, but that's unfortunately not the case in this instance. The setting is disabled when the car is in park with the handbrake on.

I do appreciate your suggestion.

Any update on this?
is this a bug?
i even tried resetting my avg and that did nothing.

not sure if this help, but on the mazda connect manual website it seems to say that the fuel economy monitor app is only available on vehicles with i-ELOOP. Maybe this is a hint to why some of the options are greyed out in the cx-9.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/settings-applications?language=en-US

Nevermind my earlier comment, I found the answer in the owners manual:

"On/off switching for function which synchronizes reset fuel economy data to trip meter (Trip A) (Type B instrument cluster only)"

Type B is the instrument cluster without the color multi-information display screen on the right hand side.

Back