Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!

Thread: CX Infotainment - Sync Average and Trip A

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD

CX Infotainment - Sync Average and Trip A

I have a 2016 CX-9 running the Infotainment OS version 59.00.441 NA N. I've been running this version for a number of months and I have not had a single reboot. It's really been a great experience. However, I do have one question that hopefully one of you can answer.

For some reason, the 'Sync Average and Trip A' option is disabled. (Application > Fuel Economy Monitor > Settings). The only checkbox that is enabled is the selection 'Show Screen at Ignition Off'. Sync Average and Trip A is there, but it's disabled (light gray).

I have never 'hacked' my radio and the truth is I don't recall it ever being enabled when I was running any of the other previous OS versions.

Anyone out there know how to enable this option?

Thanks!

CX-5 Sports Nav 2.2 diesel auto 2014

On our UK Mazda 3 with the infotainment system some settings are greyed out unless you meet a certain criteria. I haven't played about with ours for a while but IIRC you need the engine running but the car not moving, or the handbrake on, or the headlights on, or something similar.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD

Quote Originally Posted by Alan444 View Post
    On our UK Mazda 3 with the infotainment system some settings are greyed out unless you meet a certain criteria. I haven't played about with ours for a while but IIRC you need the engine running but the car not moving, or the handbrake on, or the headlights on, or something similar.
    I agree that a number of settings are disabled when the vehicle is in drive/moving as a safety precaution, but that's unfortunately not the case in this instance. The setting is disabled when the car is in park with the handbrake on.

I do appreciate your suggestion.