I-activesense availability on Touring trim

:
2017 CX-5 Touring with I-Activesense in Eternal Blue Mica
While the Mazda USA website let you build a Touring with I-activesense, nobody in the NorCal area seems to have any inventory. Can anyone confirm its available in any area? Is there any other way to get the safety technology on a Touring? The Preferred Equipment Package has other features but does not include adaptive cruise control etc.

Last edited:
Order a car from the factory the way you want it.

I appreciate that would be an option. But it seems like all the lease or sale promotions and I assume negotiating leverage comes from taking cars that are in stock or at least swappable from another dealership. Am I wrong? I hope so.

Regardless, any idea how long factory orders take?

I've negotiated terrific deals on special orders. After all, there is no flooring charge involved for the dealer. They turn the unit the day it comes in. usually takes about 2 months.

I've negotiated terrific deals on special orders. After all, there is no flooring charge involved for the dealer. They turn the unit the day it comes in. usually takes about 2 months.

Got it. Makes sense. When you actually pay? Thanks

Agreed. We did the same thing special ordered a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech as nobody else nearby had one. My deal is still the best among all others at the time with added cost to AWD. We only gave the dealer a $500 check as the deposit which was returned during the financing when our CX-5 arrived.

The other thing is you can ask your Mazda dealer checking the inventory from Mazda port of entry including every vehicle which is still on the boat. This way you can get your new vehicle a lot faster, within a week or two if the vehicle you want is at Long Beach; or in my case 23 days for the one on the boat coming to the States.

Agreed. We did the same thing special ordered a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech as nobody else nearby had one. My deal is still the best among all others at the time with added cost to AWD. We only gave the dealer a $500 check as the deposit which was returned during the financing when our CX-5 arrived.

The other thing is you can ask your Mazda dealer checking the inventory from Mazda port of entry including every vehicle which is still on the boat. This way you can get your new vehicle a lot faster, within a week or two if the vehicle you want is at Long Beach; or in my case 23 days for the one on the boat coming to the States.

Thank you. Great idea. Will look into what’s on the water.

I think a Touring with i-activesense is by far the best package you can get for this car. Plus, you can install navigation relatively cheaply, get quieter 17" wheels, and you don't get stuck with glass in the roof. The only thing I would miss is the HUD, I drove an Accord Touring the other day, and damn, I totally get why people like having the HUD now.

I checked every car in the Bay Area, plus Sacramento and went South as well. Typically, I'd find no more than 2 in the Bay Area. In LA I could find a few more but not many. Dealers try to push us into a GT.

I think a Touring with i-activesense is by far the best package you can get for this car. Plus, you can install navigation relatively cheaply, get quieter 17" wheels, and you don't get stuck with glass in the roof. The only thing I would miss is the HUD, I drove an Accord Touring the other day, and damn, I totally get why people like having the HUD now.

I checked every car in the Bay Area, plus Sacramento and went South as well. Typically, I'd find no more than 2 in the Bay Area. In LA I could find a few more but not many. Dealers try to push us into a GT.

Thanks. I finally found the car in San Luis Obispo but not sure how they’ll deal. Amazing how few are coming in with I-activesense.

Sounds like we are in the same area. Can I ask where you ended up buying?

Thanks. I finally found the car in San Luis Obispo but not sure how theyll deal. Amazing how few are coming in with I-activesense.

San Luis Obispo to Bay area is still a long way and Im not a fan of driving a brand-new vehicle on the highway for long distance. Id try first to talk to the sales manager of a closer and friendly Mazda dealer you prefer, and see what he can find from Mazdas port of entry inventory. Thiss the largest CX-5 inventory in the US and most likely you can find a Touring with i-ActiveSense Package、the color you really want、and with near 0 mile on odometer to boot. :)

San Luis Obispo to Bay area is still a long way and I’m not a fan of driving a brand-new vehicle on the highway for long distance. I’d try first to talk to the sales manager of a closer and friendly Mazda dealer you prefer, and see what he can find from Mazda’s port of entry inventory. This’s the largest CX-5 inventory in the US and most likely you can find a Touring with i-ActiveSense Package、the color you really want、and with near 0 mile on odometer to boot. :)

Makes sense. Thank you. Anyone you recommend in the bay area?

San Luis Obispo to Bay area is still a long way and I’m not a fan of driving a brand-new vehicle on the highway for long distance. I’d try first to talk to the sales manager of a closer and friendly Mazda dealer you prefer, and see what he can find from Mazda’s port of entry inventory. This’s the largest CX-5 inventory in the US and most likely you can find a Touring with i-ActiveSense Package、the color you really want、and with near 0 mile on odometer to boot. :)
In Oct. of 2012 when CX-5 inventory was still building on the west coast, I found the color and deal I was looking for in the San Diego area. My wife had enough points to fly me there for nothing. Dealer picked me up at the airport and I drove the car 600 miles home (at conservative, break-in freeway speeds) and when I got here the engine was broken in and I was good to go. I think people often overlook opportunities to get better deals outside of their "comfort zone".

They can truck that CX-5 for you. Might cost extra but should be negotiable. What is the $ difference between your option and the GT? I have the 17 GT with Premium Pkg and I don’t regret the decision. The HUD keeps me from glancing down, increasing safety. A number of the other features like the heated steering wheel that I thought to be totally unnecessary have spoiled me in chilly weather.

In Oct. of 2012 when CX-5 inventory was still building on the west coast, I found the color and deal I was looking for in the San Diego area. My wife had enough points to fly me there for nothing. Dealer picked me up at the airport and I drove the car 600 miles home (at conservative, break-in freeway speeds) and when I got here the engine was broken in and I was good to go. I think people often overlook opportunities to get better deals outside of their "comfort zone".
You know what you’re supposed to do to break in the engine, but many they don’t know or don’t care. I found the hardest part breaking in the new engine on the highway for long distance is changing your speed. Dealers getting new vehicles from other dealers often have someone drives over, those drivers won’t care and drive at constant highway speed for several hundred miles even with cruise control on.

They can truck that CX-5 for you. Might cost extra but should be negotiable. What is the $ difference between your option and the GT? I have the 17 GT with Premium Pkg and I don’t regret the decision. The HUD keeps me from glancing down, increasing safety. A number of the other features like the heated steering wheel that I thought to be totally unnecessary have spoiled me in chilly weather.

The difference is over 3,000 so don’t want to go that high — as tempting as the HUD etc would be.

I have a 2015. I gave the 2017 a hard look. Even contacted the dealer by email to see about buying it but got silence, followed by a form response, followed by spam. Car dealers just won't do email. Ended up testing a sedan, like the feel of a sedan, but couldn't find the right one until now. I'm 100% on a 2018 Accord, just need to decide on trim, and since I can only have one car I'll be leaving the CX-5 club soon.

I don't want to name the dealer but it's a type of thing made of wood and the dealership's parent company is two letters followed by the same two letters. They were pretty miserable to deal with. I had truecar pricing and they agreed to 0% interest. Not so much when I got there, although after threatening to walk they honored their email to me, it's rather that I didn't discover the change until I was ready to sign the purchase agreement. Whether it was an accident, most unlikely, or intentional it left a really bad taste. They also messed up the transaction, left me owning my trade for 3 days, didn't fix a recall on the car which should have been fixed before I purchased it and there was more but those were the big ones.

I have a 2015. I gave the 2017 a hard look. Even contacted the dealer by email to see about buying it but got silence, followed by a form response, followed by spam. Car dealers just won't do email. Ended up testing a sedan, like the feel of a sedan, but couldn't find the right one until now. I'm 100% on a 2018 Accord, just need to decide on trim, and since I can only have one car I'll be leaving the CX-5 club soon.

I don't want to name the dealer but it's a type of thing made of wood and the dealership's parent company is two letters followed by the same two letters. They were pretty miserable to deal with. I had truecar pricing and they agreed to 0% interest. Not so much when I got there, although after threatening to walk they honored their email to me, it's rather that I didn't discover the change until I was ready to sign the purchase agreement. Whether it was an accident, most unlikely, or intentional it left a really bad taste. They also messed up the transaction, left me owning my trade for 3 days, didn't fix a recall on the car which should have been fixed before I purchased it and there was more but those were the big ones.

Got it. Really appreciate your help

FYI. Thanks again. Got it locally yesterday. Incredibly easy to deal with dealer, 10% off MSRP on a hard to find vehicle they traded from 100 miles away, no surprises. LOVE the car. Appreciate your heads up.

I have said this on the forum a 17 Touring with PEP >> 16.5 GT with similar pricing (GT will be more discounted).
At the end of the day - Mazda will only sell cars based on dealer experience.

My dealer experience has been avg. so far. Its more expensive than a Toyota but they dont know what Mazda moly is or atleast pretend. They will do the sham things most dealers will do.
Ideally 70 bucks is max for such service, but i end up paying 90. They tack on more if i get a loaner. So next time i wont be getting loaners and will wait for oil change at dealer.

The dealer i bought the car from - spent 1hr 40 mins there, never been to that dealer ever again, 45 miles away lol. Tried two dealers, one was crap and one was ok. Mind i still have to drive 30 miles to reach the dealer and i am in DFW which is a huge market. Only reason am spending money on dealer relationship is recalls and fixes. Once post 60K I will roll up the sleeves and try to do it myself or go to a local gig with my moly oil.

It always helps to have 2-3 months time on your hand. I bought my car on Saturday end of month. Had no good deals till morning then bam! good deal. Dealer experiences change with inventory levels, GT being 2/3s of all models sucks because Touring is way better value and cheaper to run in long run.

Dont get me wrong I love my Mazda but only that much.

⋯ My dealer experience has been avg. so far. Its more expensive than a Toyota but they dont know what Mazda moly is or atleast pretend. They will do the sham things most dealers will do.
Ideally 70 bucks is max for such service, but i end up paying 90. They tack on more if i get a loaner. So next time i wont be getting loaners and will wait for oil change at dealer.

The dealer i bought the car from - spent 1hr 40 mins there, never been to that dealer ever again, 45 miles away lol. Tried two dealers, one was crap and one was ok. Mind i still have to drive 30 miles to reach the dealer and i am in DFW which is a huge market. Only reason am spending money on dealer relationship is recalls and fixes. Once post 60K I will roll up the sleeves and try to do it myself or go to a local gig with my moly oil.
Have you tried Town North Mazda in Richardson? Ask Victor Bernal for any service needs.

I do all maintenance by myself. But most friends with CX-5 do go to Mazda dealer for service. Victor told me the cost is $60 for oil change with Mazda moly oil.

Dont get me wrong I love my Mazda but only that much.
Same here!

Back