2017 CX-5 Thermal Camera Pics

Glad you guys liked them! I've got the camera for a couple more days so if there's anything specific you want to see just ask!
Yes, I thought the the side of the front windshield was also heated. By the A pillar, where the wipers would push the snow to.

Can you get a pic of that too?

Yes, I thought the the side of the front windshield was also heated. By the A pillar, where the wipers would push the snow to.
Can you get a pic of that too?

Nope, that's not heated (there are no heater lines in the glass there). Would be nice if there was!

A picture of the engine with the plastic cover off :)

Ohh nice... I'll do that tomorrow and post the results.

Nope, that's not heated (there are no heater lines in the glass there). Would be nice if there was!

Ohh nice... I'll do that tomorrow and post the results.

According to the owners manual, there is a heated section of the windshield near the drivers side pillar. Page 4.63

Neat pics! Thanks for sharing!

Id be interested in the front fender area near the headlights, they seem VERY hot to be comparatively after driving with the lights on. Hard for me to believe its the headlights but, to the touch it seems hotter than rest of hood area.

if you still have it, what about the side glass area to see where the vehicle loses heat and or cold...i.e., turn on the A/C full blast or the heater full blast and see where the cold/hot air leaks around the windows or doors.

You don't have to point the vents at the doors, just straight, full torso, high speed, and either full hot or max cold.

TIA.

According to the owners manual, there is a heated section of the windshield near the drivers side pillar. Page 4.63
Agreed, I'm still shopping for my cx-5, but at the dealer this week, I did see the Orange lines at the bottom, and drives side pillar. Maybe just in America? Not sure where you're located.

Hmmm interesting, hopefully I'm wrong then... I'll check when doing the new photos this evening.

Which Flir did you use? Flir One or Flir One Pro?

Which Flir did you use? Flir One or Flir One Pro?

Flir One... it's a cool little piece that plugs into an iPhone. Pretty satisfying to go around the house and outside just looking at stuff with it! I have to give it back tomorrow though :(

Ok, here goes... I tried to do as much as I can because it was my last night with it.

Regarding the vertical windshield area that's supposed to be heated to prevent ice buildup... well, technically they're not lying, there is a heat strip. However, it's so far to the side of the windshield that I'm pretty sure it'll be useless. It's not really near where the wiper will accumulate snow/ice. It's hard to see in the pics, but basically the vertical heating strip is almost at the edge of the glass (in the blacked-out area). If you look closely you can see the elements, but I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't see where the heat was coming from. I took a regular pic for comparison.
9kGEkCq.jpg
yW1c4zd.jpg
FlTQHa8.jpg

Some outside shots (car had been running for ~20 mins). Got a shot of the heated mirror too because I missed that in my first post. Outside temp was ~5C.
VhWbmy7.jpg
lWLzlxJ.jpg
xW1iNdL.jpg
w3Ujm7Q.jpg
m2An2V4.jpg

Some shots of the engine compartment
gBnATio.jpg
VP7QK3D.jpg
NhGdY1q.jpg
fiVn4HG.jpg

Super Cool!!!

Thanks for the extra effort to add more pics.

Back