PPF going to be installed!

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey guys!

I am having PPF installed on the 17' CX-5. I am having the whole front end wrapped, fenders, headlights and mirrors for $650. Does that sound like a decent price? I will feel so much better having the extra protection.

Is there anyway to protect the grill, or not really? The Mazda emblem seems to be protected.

Thanks guys!

Are you getting anything on the hood? Bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors in a full wrap is an outstanding price! I just hope the shop is good and you don't end up with mirco bubbles all over. Even if the hood and fenders are a partial, bikini, wrap that's still a very good price. I had my bumper, HFM (hood fender mirrors) bikini wrapped and front windows tinted for just under $1000 if I remember correctly. I've been very happy with the PPF and the protection it provides.

I'm not familiar with the PPF product, but I just had the CAL-TEX treatment done to my entire CX-9. The dealer threw it in for free but they "valued" it at $870. This was a full exterior paint and windows and included a full vehicle detail prior to application of the product.

http://www.ctpc.com/products/resistall-ng/

It's only been on the car for a week, but it looks fantastic. We'll see how it holds up over time. Not sure how the two products compare, but the price is similar.

Hey guys!

I am having PPF installed on the 17' CX-5. I am having the whole front end wrapped, fenders, headlights and mirrors for $650. Does that sound like a decent price? I will feel so much better having the extra protection.

Is there anyway to protect the grill, or not really? The Mazda emblem seems to be protected.

Thanks guys!

No way to do the grill, if they are actually doing 100% panel surfaces, that's a killer deal. I PRESUME you also mean the hood when you say "whole front end". Also, do NOT let them use alcohol on the headlights. Soap and water ONLY. Further, get the roof done, too.
What product are they using? Are they "cutting on the car", or is it pre-cut, or kindof a combo?

No way to do the grill, if they are actually doing 100% panel surfaces, that's a killer deal. I PRESUME you also mean the hood when you say "whole front end". Also, do NOT let them use alcohol on the headlights. Soap and water ONLY. Further, get the roof done, too.
What product are they using? Are they "cutting on the car", or is it pre-cut, or kindof a combo?

Xpel. I guess its pre-cut from what he said. Everyone thing on the front end will be wrapped (minus the grill). I am also doing the fenders and mirrors.

How do they wrap the grill? I honestly didnt think you could even do that?

I hope it looks good when its done, and Im hoping the super cold temps dont affect it.

Depending on what they are covering, that is an outstanding price. We got the 3M full front fascia, half the hood, about ⅓ up the front fenders, the mirrors, scratch guards in the door handles and all of that was about $950.

That's a great price. Especially if the installer will be using a template but also improvising and wrapping edges wherever possible.
The installer I went with was meticulous and wrapped even some of the trickier spots, and I think that's part of what you'll pay a bit more for in some cases - installer skill and extra effort/time.
My cost for full front end (including full hood) was over twice that. That's $CDN, but still... Your quote is a very good deal.

Oh, my installer did cover the mazda emblem, but I don't know if that was in the template or not. You should ask your guy about that.

I'm not familiar with the PPF product, but I just had the CAL-TEX treatment done to my entire CX-9. The dealer threw it in for free but they "valued" it at $870. This was a full exterior paint and windows and included a full vehicle detail prior to application of the product.

http://www.ctpc.com/products/resistall-ng/

It's only been on the car for a week, but it looks fantastic. We'll see how it holds up over time. Not sure how the two products compare, but the price is similar.

PPF stand for Paint protection film, there are several brands out there, the most common being Xpel, 3M, and Lluminar. PPF is preferred in most cases over what you got, a coating because it is much thicker and durable so it stands up to chips and what not much better. Your coating is decent and will help but PPF takes it to the next level

Actually paid double for these:
Full Front Bumper, Full Hood, Full Fenders, Sideview Mirrors, Headlights, Door Cups, Trunk Stripe

That's a great price OP.

PPF stand for Paint protection film, there are several brands out there, the most common being Xpel, 3M, and Lluminar. PPF is preferred in most cases over what you got, a coating because it is much thicker and durable so it stands up to chips and what not much better. Your coating is decent and will help but PPF takes it to the next level

Cool, thanks. Lots of good options out here these days for keeping the paint looking good. Sounds like the film is a more robust choice, makes the OP’s deal sound that much better.

$1980

XPEL Ultimate
Full front bumper (kit)
Full hood, fenders, & side mirrors (kit)
Headlights (kit)
Front Mazda emblem (GT trim) (custom)
Door edge guards 4x (kit)
Door sills 4x (near foot area)(custom)
Door handle cups 4x (kit)
Luggage bumper (kit)

I was curious as to what XPEL Stealth would look like on the matte plastic bumper/rocker panel trim (to retain a matte look and not the shiny gloss look of XPEL Ultimate). We put a Stealth sample on the matte plastic and as expected the uneven surface created a weird "unattached" look.

If anyone has questions let me know

Last edited:
Is it worth doing the Mazda emblem? They cant be that expensive to replace I wouldnt think

For my install it was worth covering with XPEL. It hasn't affected the adaptive cruise control during the morning or night. I'm sure it was relatively quick and painless for my installer to custom cut and install

For my install it was worth covering with XPEL. It hasn't affected the adaptive cruise control during the morning or night. I'm sure it was relatively quick and painless for my installer to custom cut and install

I've had no issues with my cruise control either. Anyway, I had my Suntek PPF installed yesterday. The installer even did extra for me (door cups, rear bumper, A-pillars, ,etc. for free!). It looks great, and it VERY clear! I am letting it sit in the sun to avoid any peeling. He told me to come back if it does, but it shouldn't. I am thinking it will be fine.

Anyway, I am glad that I will no longer have rock chips! Oh, and also he moved my PPF on my hood up to 24' from 18'!

$1980

XPEL Ultimate
Full front bumper (kit)
Full hood, fenders, & side mirrors (kit)
Headlights (kit)
Front Mazda emblem (GT trim) (custom)
Door edge guards 4x (kit)
Door sills 4x (near foot area)(custom)
Door handle cups 4x (kit)
Luggage bumper (kit)

I was curious as to what XPEL Stealth would look like on the matte plastic bumper/rocker panel trim (to retain a matte look and not the shiny gloss look of XPEL Ultimate). We put a Stealth sample on the matte plastic and as expected the uneven surface created a weird "unattached" look.

If anyone has questions let me know
Sir can you kindly share the link where you got these?

Back