how many P5 do you see around?

asterix

:
Protege5, duh
Friday afternoon question: do you get really excited when you see another P5 and wave at the driver? How many do you see - for me I'm sure it's less than one a month. I have a 35 mile round-trip commute on Chicago tollways and suburban surface streets, but there just ain't many left around here. There were a couple in my village a few years ago but haven't seen them around in quite awhile. Prob been reduced to ferric oxide dust.

I notice them a lot more now that I drive one. I would say here in town, I've seen 5 total. Midnight blue, yellow, silver and red. I haven't seen another pure white like mine. The one in the red waved and said nice car.

I see em around here a fair amount, but we have a lot of older cars since we generally don't salt the roads. Thank goodness.

Chicago...yeah you're lucky to find a car older than 5 years or so that's not rusted to the ground lol.

I see a couple driving around maybe one or two a month, two other yellows a white and red one all drive locally

I see 3-5 every day. I see two black ones on the way to work (one driving, one parked at a house), occasionally see a laser blue during lunch, and frequently see a midnight blue, black and red one on the way home. I also sometimes pass a yellow one in the mornings that appears to be an enthusiast, he has looked back at my laser blue a couple times. They are common in Austin.

Well it'd be interesting to see a geographical distribution. Seems like they were popular up north and Canada when they first came out, but now the survivors are clustered in the south. I've only been in Chicago 4 years and now I can see the rust starting. But anyway godammit, I think I have to say that this car was the best thing I have ever purchased in my entire life. <17k with 0% financing - paid off in 2006 - and s*** it is running great and I'm as stoked as ever every morning when I get in and throw it into that 1st turn in the neighborhood.

So in Grand Forks, ND where i go to school, I see a handful. One red, a few silver, a yellow, and a dark blue one. All have rust and are so boring looking tbh.

Have yet to see another Laser Blue P5 like mine in person.

there is a few around my area. 250k later, i still love it and has not given me any trouble.

I am planning to keep it till it dies... Android Auto head unit has gotten pretty cheap, easy way to modernize the car

not many.

here in toronto, the first generation mazda 3 and mazda protege have horrible rust issues due to the salt. the very few proteges I see in my area, let alone the wagon look to be clean and low mileage with no rust.

I did however own a 2000 Mazda protege 1.6L in the past with over 300k KM on the clock and the engine/transmission ran beautifully. learned how to drive manual on this car, miss it.

I see one probably every other week in Tennessee, I always wave and usually get a grin and wave back. A yellow one parks down the street from me, and usually see some silvers around.

There are tons in Saskatchewan Canada. Most of them are reaalllllly rusty. There's about 4 in my high school parking lot alone every day.

I live in giant metroplex and as often as I see any, I would have to call them pretty rare. I see them here and there but not any kind of frequently and usually never modded and always yellow sun faded headlight lenses. Not rust buckets tho.......

Back