Volvo CUV commercial

:
Mazda CX5 Touring with PEP
Are you nervous?

Has got to be the stupidest commercial I have seen in a long time. What idea springs forth in your mind from it? Terrorists on there way to a bombing? Nervous that the Volvo is going to grenade on them? Not going to make it to the bathroom in time ? The baby will be born on the side of the road whilest they drive toward the hospital?

Just absolutely mindless drivel that inspires nothing but ridicule from me on an internet forum. And I have nothing against Volvo, except now they are branded in my mind as the car company that makes stupid commercials to sell their vehicles.

At least the car is moving. Chevy commercials are all with the car in a building not running. And then there is Subaru Love Promise? DO I need or want Love from a car company? Zoom Zoom

Sometimes an ad agency makes a commercial with the objective to get people talking about the commercial on the internet. If that is the case here, then the commercial is a success.

Chevy's are pretty bad but at least they don't try to make you think they're cool or intelligent- something very irksome about these Volvo ads that kinda makes me want to punch the actors in the face a little bit. Chevy's are undeniably cheesy but at least they don't try to cast you into some odd rich family's life- wow honey look we can be eccentric weirdos in our XC90 hybrid too! OK sweet so you have a 1g leather duffle bag good for you.
Sorry..7 you got anything here?
Banjos..Collective Arts- Ransack the Universe
Happy Friday kids- haven't even started drinking and I'm already en fuego:)

Last edited:
I think I find Chevy’s current ad campaign the most annoying and insulting. Toyota is probably a close 2nd. Honda feels gimmicky.

I think I find Chevy’s current ad campaign the most annoying and insulting. Toyota is probably a close 2nd. Honda feels gimmicky.

At least Chevy is getting their money's worth for the awards they bought.

I'm saying it is the winner of the stupidest car commercial I have seen this millennium.

Now the Nissan / Ford my pretty pony one, dat funny.

more than 1,000 J.D. Power awards are licensed yearly. Would you like one?
http://wardsauto.com/industry/jd-power-man-behind-famous-awards

When I am looking for a car I read the driver mags (road & Track, Car and driver, ETC.) Then I go drive them.

Back in the late 60s consumer reports refused to rate a Peugeot 504 at all. They called it unacceptable because the headlight switch and turn signals didn't work the same as everyone else. I don't know what they have done since then.

Get a kick out of these ford commercial... ( 4 commercials) Dragon ball/sailor moon

I agree. I personally hate all the Rogue commercials myself.

Yea Nissan in general is too pretentious in their ad campaigns. Cvt is opposite of excite and Nissans are generally the most woeful rentals I get. Honestly the last Kia stood out as great by compassion to stuff from Nissan and Toyota lately.

Acura's current campaign is a bit strange and has nothing to do with cars, just the feeling you would get from driving an Acura

Back