Has anyone installed factory fogs after purchase?

Hi,
Today I read, but I cannot find it again [emoji35] where, that the fog lights of the 2017 are plug and play. You can even see from the top of the bay engine the connector for the lights attached to the dummy plastic cover.
I am still looking for any info how to do the install because is something that I would love to add to my daughter's CX 5.
Today I did the fog lights for mi wife's 3 hatchback and it was very easy. You can watch it in Youtube (not my video) to give you an idea how easy it was. Even replacing the arm switch at the steering wheel.
If I find any more info, I'll keep you posted.

Hi,
Today I read, but I cannot find it again [emoji35] where, that the fog lights of the 2017 are plug and play. You can even see from the top of the bay engine the connector for the lights attached to the dummy plastic cover.
I am still looking for any info how to do the install because is something that I would love to add to my daughter's CX 5.
Today I did the fog lights for mi wife's 3 hatchback and it was very easy. You can watch it in Youtube (not my video) to give you an idea how easy it was. Even replacing the arm switch at the steering wheel.
If I find any more info, I'll keep you posted.

I'm probably going to order a set today, my plan is to put the yellow laminx filter over the lense so my lights will be true yellow fogs. I may do it myself of have my mechanic do it, but I would like to do it myself.

Super simple. Just make sure you order the fogs, switch and brackets with screws... cheap cover pops off and you can loosen the pig tail harness to plug your bulbs in... as far as access to the screws, I got under the bumper and removed the splash guard from underneath the car. More than enough room. Took me about an hour from start to finish.

Super simple. Just make sure you order the fogs, switch and brackets with screws... cheap cover pops off and you can loosen the pig tail harness to plug your bulbs in... as far as access to the screws, I got under the bumper and removed the splash guard from underneath the car. More than enough room. Took me about an hour from start to finish.

I ordered the kit today, I'm assuming all that stuff is included.

Wow. I just saw/read the instruction sheets for install. Indicates removing the front bumper, also some aiming of the lights. Did you do all of that in an hour?

Last edited:
Job completed this morning. I doubt that i would have been able to do it myself. Took it to my mechanic who charged me $50 to do the install. Directions indicate that you are supposed to remove the bumper cover, he did not. Removed the splash tray from underneath and then completed the install while the car was on his lift rack.

I put yellow Linex filters over the bulb, will drive the vehicle tonight to see if it makes any difference to have fogs.

Don't have a link but I ordered mine from BAM Automotive, you order the switch that is part of the left stalk when ordering the fogs. Also if you have auto on lights as part of your car, order the auto on switch. www.bamwholesaleparts.com

Do you need to run a cable from the lights to the switch or is everything already there somewhere? Ive got a 2017

The wiring harness has the plugs in place to plug the fogs into, no need to wire anything. Plug and play, MUST buy the switch to operate and install/replace the left stalk. They do make a difference when aimed correctly. The directions say to remove bumper cover...not necessary. Just undo the plastic shielding on the underside. You do need to assemble a few pieces and then a screw them into place.

Can anybody who's done this provide a couple pictures of the parts required? As in the fog lights and the switch?

Can anybody who's done this provide a couple pictures of the parts required? As in the fog lights and the switch?

Go to www.bamwholesaleparts.com for your best price on parts and what is needed. The lights come as a kit that includes the mounting brackets and replacement plastic and lights with wire harness. The separate part you MUST buy is the replacement stalk that replaces the left stalk on the steering wheel.

So you need the fog lights ($270 - BAM WHOLESALEPARTS)

Then you need the switch for the auto on headlights? What kind of switch are we talking about it and where does it go?

Where do you get the stalk that comes off the steering wheel?

Lastly, how much light do the fogs really put out vs no fogs?

So you need the fog lights ($270 - BAM WHOLESALEPARTS)

Then you need the switch for the auto on headlights? What kind of switch are we talking about it and where does it go?

Where do you get the stalk that comes off the steering wheel?

Lastly, how much light do the fogs really put out vs no fogs?

Ill try as best i can to answer.

The switch i think is around $41. You have to unscrew the clam shell that covers the steering column. Involves unscrewing a few screws and light pry to open. The switch and stalk are one unit, you just remove the original and plug the new one onto the steering column. Button up the clam shell cover on the column and re screw. You either have auto on lights or you dont, if you do then get the auto on switch, both/either add a fog light power switch.

As to how much light? Highly subjective. Many have said makes little difference. I covered my light lenses with yellow Lamin-x film. I self adjusted my lights, many have their lights as is adjusted from factory. The best way for me to descibe the fog light output is if you have your low beams on, the beam is a rather flat rectangular pattern. To the left and right of the outside edge of the low beam is a dark area, when the fog is adjusted properly, it fills in that dark spot and fills an area below the low beam, sort of the top of the fog beam touches the base of the low beam. Extends out about a range of 10 - 25 ft.

The lights on the CX5 that are led type, the beams are very crisp and focused as compared to a standard halogen. I like mine. Are they worth it? Completely subjective.

You either have auto on lights or you dont, if you do then get the auto on switch, both/either add a fog light power switch.

As to how much light? Highly subjective.

The lights on the CX5 that are led type, the beams are very crisp and focused as compared to a standard halogen. I like mine. Are they worth it? Completely subjective.

I assume I have auto on headlights. I have the Touring version. How do you check for sure if you have auto on?

I found the OEM fog light kit which includes the parts plus the switch. No stalk: https://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-led-fog-lamp.html

I will get the fogs from them. The stalk I will probably get from the dealership. Is there a Mazda part # for the fog light stalk?

I assume I have auto on headlights. I have the Touring version. How do you check for sure if you have auto on?

I found the OEM fog light kit which includes the parts plus the switch. No stalk: https://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-led-fog-lamp.html

I will get the fogs from them. The stalk I will probably get from the dealership. Is there a Mazda part # for the fog light stalk?

Look at your stalk, if you have auto on lights it will say auto on the stalk as a selected position. Does your touring have the preferred equipment package? It has auto on stalk.

Why not order the switch with the lights? The dealer price for the lights is $330...I think the switch is another $100? $41 from BAM.

Got to admit I am confused by what they mean by automatic headlamp. Whether that means you must turn your lights on automatically by selecting auto on the stalk, or they are the auto adjusting led that come with the pep.

Last edited:
Look at your stalk, if you have auto on lights it will say auto on the stalk as a selected position. Does your touring have the preferred equipment package? It has auto on stalk.

Why not order the switch with the lights? The dealer price for the lights is $330...I think the switch is another $100? $41 from BAM.

Yes, I have the preferred equipment package so I should have the "auto on" lights.

Mazdaparts sells the switch with the fog lights. The stalk is sold separately.

Yes, I have the preferred equipment package so I should have the "auto on" lights.

Mazdaparts sells the switch with the fog lights. The stalk is sold separately.

Well, if you want to save some money, order from BAM. Lights are $271 + 41 for the stalk switch, free shipping. Order stalk with auto on option.

The power switch is on the stalk, not sure what comes with the kit you are referencing.

Last edited:
Back