Infotainment System Replacement

mmallory

:
Mazda 3 GT 2014

I brought this in to the dealership and told it needs to be replaced; only a slight cost of $1,621.00 (cdn) plus tax and labor.
Is this a known issue or ever happened to others?
Are there any resolutions other than full replacement?

It is not worth the cost to replace as it is more of a nuisance, does not affect how the vehicle drives.

Thanks!
MM

I brought this in to the dealership and told it needs to be replaced; only a slight cost of $1,621.00 (cdn) plus tax and labor.
Is this a known issue or ever happened to others?
Are there any resolutions other than full replacement?

It is not worth the cost to replace as it is more of a nuisance, does not affect how the vehicle drives.

Thanks!
MM

So to verify if it is actually the touchscreen that is the issue, or maybe perhaps the rotary commander, can we possibly try to unplug electrically, or deactivate the rotary commander electronically through the setup?

Does the issue happen all the time, or only at certain temperatures?

The issue happens frequently, and once it starts it will not stop until the vehicle turns off; however my drive in to work this morning it did not occur at all for example, though it is 'most' of the time.
Issue started in late July/August which is our hottest temperatures, but now we are getting into fall with temperatures just above freezing. No difference based on temperature from what I can tell thus far.

While I am not very handy myself, I will do some research on what you mentioned above.

Back