how do you adjust rear camber on a Protege5

gnut

I LIKE RICE !!!
:
Mazda Protoge 5
How do I adjust the rear camber on my Protege5? Also, I've seen camber bolts for sell everywhere on the web; when you buy them how many do I need, (2) / (4)? Any suggestions on what brand to buy if needed?

I recently installed a set of XXR 527's, 17x7.5 et40 with 205/45/17 tires. I love the look, flush with the fender but in the rear I get just a little tire rub if I my 11 year old son is in the back and I hit a good size bump in the road.

Thanks, everyone.

How do I adjust the rear camber on my Protege5? Also, I've seen camber bolts for sell everywhere on the web; when you buy them how many do I need, (2) / (4)? Any suggestions on what brand to buy if needed?

I recently installed a set of XXR 527's, 17x7.5 et40 with 205/45/17 tires. I love the look, flush with the fender but in the rear I get just a little tire rub if I my 11 year old son is in the back and I hit a good size bump in the road.

Thanks, everyone.
You can get camber bolts or slot the hole where the bolts go for even more

In the rear in the center there should be 2 bolts with offset washers that tell you the degree of camber. If you want more you can always try slotting it like he^ said or get those camber bolts. The last but most likely expensive route would be to get the megan racing lateral arms like me!

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I like the Megan adjustable arms but not sure I want to spend the $ at the moment. I'll give the camber bolts a shot first.

At one time I drove it a lot. As of recent, my wife's been driving it almost daily to work since it's about 70 miles round trip; trying to save on gas. She likes the look but cringes when she hears a tire rub. Me on the other hand, if I was still driving it on a regular basis I was add some spacers to the wheels to push them out just a bit more, swap to a 205/40/17 tire and go for the Megan arms.

On the rear of my P5, where would the camber bolts go; how many do I need to order?

Sorry that this is such a stupid question but I've not taken the time to get back under the car and inspect where camber bolts would go. We've been sooo busy and on the go, I've just not made the time.

Only the top cam bolt is used on the strut. You need one per side, 2 total.
As you turn the cam bolt, this will either pull the camber in or out.
See pic.
2017-11-09-09-14-46.png

But be aware these bolts have been known to slip on occasion.
If you don't want to use camber bolts or slot, you could roll the rear fenders a bit.

Thmotorsports has the camber bolts

Last edited:
Back