Guide Service/Valet Mode - remote starter fix

trishr

:
Mazda5
I needed to reverse the Service/Valet mode that my remote starter was stuck in rendering this remote starter useless. Found this fix...

From a search on this forum from 2008 I found the following. I am assuming that my remote starter (to start the engine to run either to warm or cool the car) has entered service/valet mode - I did have it checked by local garage shop when check engine light came on while driving in mountainous area - scanned and nothing showed up as faulty by the time I got back to the prairies but perhaps the service people put the car into Service/Valet mode or who knows maybe I did it.
Has anyone tried this method for their remote starter (not key entry)- Mazda5 2006 Touring? Will be trying this in 1/2 hour.

From Manual:

To disengage Service/Valet Mode: Turn the ignition to the ON position, press and hold the brake pedal and press the START button on the remote control transmitter 3 times. The system will flash the parking lights and beep horn ONE time indicating the system has exited Service/Valet Mode.

FYI To enter Service/Valet Mode its the same except confirmation is 3 horn beeps.

Another thing which is cool:

CAR FIND: Press and hold START button for 2 seconds and the system will flash and honk horn 6x.

Well that was incredibly easy fix to turn off the Service/Valet mode on my remote engine starter. Fixed one remote starter, then repeated the process to fix the second one.

Hi would you know if this is the way to get into and out of valet mode for all Mazda models? I have a 2015 CX5 and need to enter Valet mode to connect a replacement starter.

Back