Just got my new Cx-5 2017 GT with tech!

mazdajota

:
Cx-5 2017 GT w/ tech pack
Hi, I've been lurking around in the forum for a while with a high interest on cx-5 2017 and I finally pulled the trigger.

I wasn't sure if I needed to wait as info about 2018's are yet to be released and to think that it's already November- nearly end of the cycle for current gen.
Some would say I have made a bad decision. But meh, I wanted a new car for holiday season. if 2018's would have AA installed along with other noticeable upgrades then I would certainly be sad. (sadbanana)

Well, at least I might have used it as a leverage to get more discounts in 2017's since dealers here in Canada won't budge much from MSRP..

I Got snowflake white gt with tech pack + free wheel locks and all-weather mats for 42,198 CAD all in. Financed for 3 years at 0.99% (bi-weekly payments of 541$, opted for low rates instead of rebates)

I understand OTD prices does not help a lot with varying taxes and stuff. but it seems like there's not many info about Canadian(Ontario) pricing so I thought I'd share.

so it was like 1.7k off MSRP + free wheelocks + all weather mats + Bose headphone (Mazda offers free Bose product this month as per promo which worth around 299~330USD/450CAD)

Cx-5 gt with tech pack seems to be a hard car to negotiate with, or at least in my experience. I've read other guys in sticky getting as much as 4k off MSRP + freebies in US. and I only had to scratch my head over this.

tbh, I had to email 20+ dealers and let the final few bid one another to get only this much. Anyway this car is such a huge upgrade from my old Civic and I can definitely say that I love it!!

It has 17km on it and I haven't even unwrapped the plastic in the back seat yet. Gonna get it Krowned and install I-datalink remote start today.

I would need new winter tires too soon too so it's gonna be another huge spending out of my pocket but I'm pretty excited with this new babe.

Congratulations - I'm hoping to pick up my GT w/Tech in a few days. I bought mine in October so just missed out on the Bose promotion, but haven't taken possession as they had to order it from Japan.

You did pretty well, negotiation wise. I hit up no less than 15 dealers in the GTA, and ended up with the rear bumper scuff plate being thrown in and paying a hair above $40k OTR.

Speaking of huge spending, I'm getting it prepped, clear bra-ed, then ceramic coated, so I'll be about $2k out by the time it's ready to bring it in for winter tires, which will probably run me another $1200ish.

Awesome! yea it's gotta be another hefty spending. Haven't thought putting about ceramic coats and clear bras. How would they hold up? I heard clear bras won't prevent any stone or paint chips tho. btw did you finance or pay cash?

Great write up... and no picture? Wow. #Fail

lol ;)

Welcome aboard!

Congrats on the new CX. I’ve had mine a week now. It is just perfect.

Who needs pics? We all know what they look like

Doesn't matter. Most of us still love pics of them. I know what sunsets look like, too. [emoji16]

Congratuations. (drinks)

Welcome to the ownership ranks and to the forum. (hi)

Awesome! yea it's gotta be another hefty spending. Haven't thought putting about ceramic coats and clear bras. How would they hold up? I heard clear bras won't prevent any stone or paint chips tho. btw did you finance or pay cash?

So ceramic coating (eg. Ceramic Pro, OptiCoat, etc) is not meant to protect against stone chips, they're more like applying a thicker clearcoat that has hydrophobic properties. The clear bra (aka PPF) however is a rubbery substance that is considerably thicker than a ceramic coating, and will indeed protect against stone chips.

I'm financing, though we put down a considerable chunk of change to make the monthlies a bit more comfortable.

So ceramic coating (eg. Ceramic Pro, OptiCoat, etc) is not meant to protect against stone chips, they're more like applying a thicker clearcoat that has hydrophobic properties. The clear bra (aka PPF) however is a rubbery substance that is considerably thicker than a ceramic coating, and will indeed protect against stone chips.

I'm financing, though we put down a considerable chunk of change to make the monthlies a bit more comfortable.

I had a triple coat of Optimum Gloss Coat put onto my CX-5. Should easily last two years with maintenance I was told by the installer. I also had PPF put onto the front bumper, hood, partial fenders and door mirrors. Mazda's have a reputation for thin paint from the factory which is very prone to paint chips.

Congrats on the new car!
I'm surprised the dealer is not installing winter tires, it'll probably be snowing when you get the car.

This idatalink remote start got me interested. Will it work with the stock fob?
My dealer gave me a separate fob for remote start.

Hi, I've been lurking around in the forum for a while with a high interest on cx-5 2017 and I finally pulled the trigger.

I wasn't sure if I needed to wait as info about 2018's are yet to be released and to think that it's already November- nearly end of the cycle for current gen.
Some would say I have made a bad decision. But meh, I wanted a new car for holiday season. if 2018's would have AA installed along with other noticeable upgrades then I would certainly be sad. (sadbanana)

Congrats and don't worry, AA/ACP won't be coming for the foreseeable future

Enjoy your CX-5!

I just bought my CX-5 GT back in June. Wanted to wait for the diesels to come out. Glad I didn't though, because then I wouldn't have my CX-5. I've never actually enjoyed owning a car before this.

Congrats on the new car!
I'm surprised the dealer is not installing winter tires, it'll probably be snowing when you get the car.

This idatalink remote start got me interested. Will it work with the stock fob?
My dealer gave me a separate fob for remote start.

It enables your oem fob to allow remote start the car. also has secure take-over feature (engine won't turn off when u open the car as long as u keep ur keys with u) has 3000 ft activation range and a cheaper price.

I think I would have to given up either all-season tire / snow tire as I wasn't getting any further discounts or freebies thrown to already discounted deal. Although I didn't get much discount by any mean when I read the forum. But that was the best I could pull off

I had a triple coat of Optimum Gloss Coat put onto my CX-5. Should easily last two years with maintenance I was told by the installer. I also had PPF put onto the front bumper, hood, partial fenders and door mirrors. Mazda's have a reputation for thin paint from the factory which is very prone to paint chips.

very interested about this. I should look into it

Back