MY18 CX9 Touring AWD (Australian version)

hh12

:
MY18 CX-9 Touring AWD
Im so glad that Ive finally found a forum where I could get advice and information from on my CX9. Ive had my MY18 CX9 for about a week now and noticed a couple of things which Im going to enquire with my dealer at post delivery service soon but thought Id ask you guys first.

One of the things I noticed is that when I connect my iPhone 6 plus to USB ports in centre armrest it keeps connecting and disconnecting - looking at charging indicator going on and off. Just wondering if this is a common issue in previous year models as well. Ive also googled it and found its not supposed to be for charging phones but now on MY18 it is supposed to charge the phones quickly too? Any advice would be much appreciated! Btw no issues with Bluetooth, every time I get in the car it automatically turns on.

Does it happen with both ports? If so, it might be your cable. Try a different one?

Thanks for the reply. Yep, it does with both ports and also with my wifes phone as well. Ive also tried a different charger cable as well.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, it does with both ports and also with my wifes phone as well. Ive also tried a different charger cable as well.

Does it do the same thing when connected to the ports in the second row armrest?

Does it do the same thing when connected to the ports in the second row armrest?

Ive just connected my phone here as Im writing this and it is charging up very quickly. It does say 2.1A with a charging battery indicator symbol next to ports whereas in the front centre armrest it simply says USB.

Glad to hear that the rears are working. Looks like it's time to have the dealer fix the front ports under warranty.

I’ve just connected my phone here as I’m writing this and it is charging up very quickly. It does say “2.1A” with a charging battery indicator symbol next to ports whereas in the front centre armrest it simply says USB.

Awesome, that is what I figured. Your phones need the 2.1A in order to charge properly. If you also need the 2.1A up front, you will want to use a 12V to 5V convertor. They even make higher amp ones like this 4.8A... (cigarette lighter charger).
Aukey-4-8A-24W-Dual-USB-Car-Charger-Adapter-Cigarette-Lighter-for-Apple-Android-Phone.jpg

Glad to hear that the rears are working. Looks like it's time to have the dealer fix the front ports under warranty.

Yeah.. Ive booked with dealer for post delivery service soon so will mention it then but its disappointing to find something like an USB port not working in a brand new updated car.

Awesome, that is what I figured. Your phones need the 2.1A in order to charge properly. If you also need the 2.1A up front, you will want to use a 12V to 5V convertor. They even make higher amp ones like this 4.8A... (cigarette lighter charger).
Aukey-4-8A-24W-Dual-USB-Car-Charger-Adapter-Cigarette-Lighter-for-Apple-Android-Phone.jpg

Thanks for the heads up so its back to the cigarette lighter charging... Ive read somewhere though that now in MY18 they also can charge phones with the front USB ports. Ill have to confirm with dealer at the service soon. Maybe I should also try with an USB stick to see if it remains connected.

My wife's iPhone 6 charges from the front ports just fine, albeit more slowly than a "normal" charger because it doesn't put out 2.1 amps.

Yeah my phone also charged very slowly for a couple of days initially and when it was in use like playing music through Bluetooth it either stayed at the same percentage or even slightly lost its charge by 2-3%. After that I started hearing the phone connecting and disconnecting fairly regularly. Anyway see what dealer says at the service. Thanks for your input.

Thanks for that. Ive got a Belkin one but might look into that one later.

Just another quick one, when I reverse park or park the car and turn the steering wheel on full lock it makes some sound - its hard to describe but it sounds like something is reeling. Its not an unpleasant sound but very noticeable. And I dont know if its normal but on some imperfections on the road the steering tends to turn very easily as if there was a slight torque steer even if Im not stepping on it. Just overall, steering wheel feels a bit light. The car is on 18 inch wheels. Anyone notices these? Its my first SUV and Japanese car.

Just another quick one, when I reverse park or park the car and turn the steering wheel on full lock it makes some sound - it’s hard to describe but it sounds like something is reeling. It’s not an unpleasant sound but very noticeable. And I don’t know if it’s normal but on some imperfections on the road the steering tends to turn very easily as if there was a slight torque steer even if I’m not stepping on it. Just overall, steering wheel feels a bit light. The car is on 18 inch wheels. Anyone notices these? It’s my first SUV and Japanese car.

This is normal to some degree. How is the tire pressure in each tire?

Back