2017 CX-5 OEM Crossbar Installation/Removal

jax14

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I have the OEM roof rails and crossbars installed on my CX-5. From what I can tell, the dealer didn't install the front crossbar at the very front of the roof. How do I move this forward? The tool they gave me is practically useless. Recommendations on a better tool? How do you get the little rectangular covers off? I'm looking to buy the Thule Force M box.

Related but not on the manual it says "Maximum Load - 75 kg/165 lbs Evenly Distributed" Is that per crossbar for a total load of 330lbs across both bars or is it mean that it's 82.5lbs each bar for a total of 165?

I have the OEM roof rails and crossbars installed on my CX-5. From what I can tell, the dealer didn't install the front crossbar at the very front of the roof. How do I move this forward? The tool they gave me is practically useless. Recommendations on a better tool? How do you get the little rectangular covers off? I'm looking to buy the Thule Force M box.

This post might help you out bit. As @cldas01 said they are not movable. And the little rectangular covers are not for the cross bars, but are for the mounting hardware of the roof rails. So you don't pop those off for the cross bars.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...lade-review)&p=6552769&viewfull=1#post6552769

Hope I'm not too late for this.

Loosen crossbar bolts and you will be able to move the crossbars forward and back. The crossbars attach at a pivot point. If you completely remove the crossbar bolts, you can rotate the crossbar up on its pivot point, and remove it from the vehicle. This should allow you to re-position the crossbar attachment points to a location away from your new Thule rack mount points.

If you decide to use your factory crossbars, Yakima makes an exact fit (at least they exactly fit mine). Yakima, Mighty Mount, 23H. "H" is for horizontal, "V" is for vertical. The 23H are the perfect fit for my kayak saddles.

Crossbar_Bolt_on.jpg

Crossbar_Bolt_off.jpg

Crossbar_with_Saddles.jpg

Crossbar_Saddle_Bracket.jpg

Back