Live traffic for navigation

:
Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT
Hi everyone, I tried to open the traffic from the navigation system.
I can only see the traffic history button but no live traffic (grayed out for other buttons).
How could I use it? I did a search online, some people say if you have the XM SIRius subscription it will be shown there. I still have the 3 months trial, but nothing there.
Anyone knows this?
THX

Hi everyone, I tried to open the traffic from the navigation system.
I can only see the traffic history button but no live traffic (grayed out for other buttons).
How could I use it? I did a search online, some people say if you have the XM SIRius subscription it will be shown there. I still have the 3 months trial, but nothing there.
Anyone knows this?
THX

Live Traffic is not available in the CX-5.

I really wish they would activate live traffic. I also really wish they would allow the preset responses to text messages. The option is there to set up the presets but you can't actually send any of the presets as a reply.

I swear I did this once on my phone, Ride92. The auto reply "I'm driving".

I've been running Android Auto on my phone (you know you CAN run it on your phone today, right?) and while maps is nice, I've come to the conclusion that I do not want or need it to take over my radio. And my phone (Motorola) has a driving mode that literally wipes the floor with AA and its texting ability. I was pretty disappointed by that. Driving along and I get a text...on the screen it says "You got a new text"... OK. Read it to me?!?
O, I have to touch the screen or ask it to read it to me. I'm spoiled by Moto's Drive app.

Not true...it's just different from what we are used to with Garmin & other on-board traffic Navi's. I took my '17 in to Mazda as I felt I needed my Nav updated (I did - the car was on the lot for months b4 I bought it so wanted refresh & made a difference). Sirius has NOTHING to do with the GPS traffic on this car according to a Sirius rep I called when my "traffic" area was greyed out as yours is/was. After the refresh, it now works but doesn't show "traffic events" (still greyed out) but service dept rep said 1. you have to have a route activated and 2. there has to be an "event" for it to show anything. I have to take his word for that for now. But I did see that finally the traffic flow patterns show up now and I never saw that before. It was a map of a large area that can be zoomed a bit. (I'm in CT/NYC area) & I could see routes all over that area. Similar to my Garmin, it showed a lot of green, red and yellow areas on many roads. I was told that traffic conditions are constantly monitored when on a route. At times, ours has said " a better route has been found..." and we had option to view it and chose or deny it. Get a refresh of your GPS & I think you'll see it's better. It's only been an hour since I got home so I'm also going to get the owner's manual out again. I also found out that the USB ports in the front console are just for playing music from personal devices, NOT for charging as we were told by salesman...My hubby's iPhone was drained on a trip when he thought it was charging. Lot's to learn still but glad to learn that today as car also taken in due to front USB's not charging phone! (only the rear USB ports can charge. In front, one must use one of the 2 lighter jacks so buying that adaptor for hubby's iPhone which is a bit silly to me as who want that big cord instead of the little white USB one? I'm still scratching my head over this info re the front USB ports. (the salesmen say one thing & service disagrees; the owner's manual only mentions "charging" via USB in the rear seat console so I think service is correct..)

Last edited:
Not true...it's just different from what we are used to with Garmin & other on-board traffic Navi's. I took my '17 in to Mazda as I felt I needed my Nav updated (I did - the car was on the lot for months b4 I bought it so wanted refresh & made a difference). Sirius has NOTHING to do with the GPS traffic on this car according to a Sirius rep I called when my "traffic" area was greyed out as yours is/was. After the refresh, it now works but doesn't show "traffic events" (still greyed out) but service dept rep said 1. you have to have a route activated and 2. there has to be an "event" for it to show anything. I have to take his word for that for now. But I did see that finally the traffic flow patterns show up now and I never saw that before. It was a map of a large area that can be zoomed a bit. (I'm in CT/NYC area) & I could see routes all over that area. Similar to my Garmin, it showed a lot of green, red and yellow areas on many roads. I was told that traffic conditions are constantly monitored when on a route. At times, ours has said " a better route has been found..." and we had option to view it and chose or deny it. Get a refresh of your GPS & I think you'll see it's better. It's only been an hour since I got home so I'm also going to get the owner's manual out again. I also found out that the USB ports in the front console are just for playing music from personal devices, NOT for charging as we were told by salesman...My hubby's iPhone was drained on a trip when he thought it was charging. Lot's to learn still but glad to learn that today as car also taken in due to front USB's not charging phone! (only the rear USB ports can charge. In front, one must use one of the 2 lighter jacks so buying that adaptor for hubby's iPhone which is a bit silly to me as who want that big cord instead of the little white USB one? I'm still scratching my head over this info re the front USB ports. (the salesmen say one thing & service disagrees; the owner's manual only mentions "charging" via USB in the rear seat console so I think service is correct..)
No, mangoconchile is correct! Like USB port information, your Mazda dealer gave you false information again! (See my reply in another thread.) The “Live Traffic” you saw is only based on “historic” traffic data, not true live traffic data!

Wow that wall of text was hard to read... but no, you don't have the live traffic that you think you do.

Back