Car and Driver long-term update - 25K, no problems

It's a long time challenge for Mazda...They often do really well in comparisons. They auto press rates them high for the drive and the style.
But that praise doesn't move the needle on anything that isn't a CX-5.

Not sure how to get more people to try it out...Does Mazda put any of these into fleet sales?

It's a long time challenge for Mazda...They often do really well in comparisons. They auto press rates them high for the drive and the style.

Not sure how to get more people to try it out...Does Mazda put any of these into fleet sales?

It's a weird phenomenon to build the best cars in each segment and yet people still ignore you as a company. It may take years and a track record of longevity to earn more attention.

I'm still wondering what "reliability" issues the CX-9 is having. Consumer Reports rates CX-9 least reliable Mazda and it dropped Mazda as a whole down the list. I did tremendous amounts of research on the car including reading tons of posts from owners, and I've barely seen any issues reported other than the occasional infotainment bug. Car and Drivers experience is the common experience - trouble free.

I'm still wondering what "reliability" issues the CX-9 is having. Consumer Reports rates CX-9 least reliable Mazda and it dropped Mazda as a whole down the list. I did tremendous amounts of research on the car including reading tons of posts from owners, and I've barely seen any issues reported other than the occasional infotainment bug. Car and Drivers experience is the common experience - trouble free.

Yes they rank the 2016's predicted reliability as poor and rate Brakes, Body Integrity and In-Car Electronics as average or below, which doesn't seem enough to drag the overall rating down to poor. It's probably due to the model's history since the previous gen had poor reliability in suspension, brakes, and sporadically in other categories.

So Car and Driver's experience with a single vehicle is statistically more accurate than CR's compiling information from thousands of readers?

I question CR's info too; but I believe that they weigh too heavily some of the infotainment bugs (of course, these days, if your car's infotainment screen is frozen, it's a pretty significant problem). I don't think that, mechanically, the CX-9 is now at the bottom of the pack. But you don't see these kinds of issues reported when the Toyota Highlander has a new model.

IMHO, people who opt for driving around with three rows want a certain minimum of space for passengers in all rows and cargo. This is where the latest CX-9, which is a fun car to drive, falls short of many main competitors pilot, traverse, etc, and even its previous generation. Also, there are not as many dealers, so dealer service becomes more of an effort and takes more time.

Personally, I love my 2008, but can't buy into a new model whose 3rd row legroom is 4 inches smaller. The other thing was when the 2008 came out it was one of first cars of its time to have Blind Spot Warning, Bluetooth integration with phone, and reverse camera. We didn't see those pioneering features in the latest model to drive interest. Hope they introduce some fresher ahead of the curve tech soon.

Back