Reverse signal issue with PAC RP4-MZ11

:
mazda cx 9
I recently purchased the PAC RP4-MZ11 interface to connect a Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT double din stereo in my Mazda CX9 2009 model. Everything is working fine except for one issue with the reverse camera.

I have wired an aftermarket reverse camera to the Pioneer unit and the camera is working fine. The camera is powered by the reverse lamp from the rear. But when i put my car in reverse gear the display does not automatically show the camera input. The camera is wired correctly because when i "manually" switch the Pioneer unit's display to reverse camera input I can see the camera input in the display, but not automatically when i put the car in reverse.
I have checked the wiring of the PAC interface; I have connected the green wire (reverse output +) from the PAC interface to the Purple/white wire on the Pioneer harness (which is the reverse signal input wire). All the setting on the Pioneer are fine; i have tried various combinations but cant get this to work.

what could be wrong? How can i verify that the PAC module is indeed provided a reverse signal on the green wire?

What are the alternative solutions to this? Should I connect the purple/white wire of the Pioneer to the positive signal from the reversing lamp?

I am in the process of trying to get the OEM cam working. I was having the same issue with the RP4-MZ11. Basically nothing happened when I went into reverse. I tested the ports in the wiring. I found the port that changes voltage when going into reverse unfortunately the mz11 doesn't even have a pin going to that port. Its the 5th small port in the bottom middle of the harness I believe. I was going to move the illumination wire over and use that because my deck does its own illumination. Problem is I accidentally broke the pin when moving it. I am going out today to find a replacement pin.

So I pulled the pin from another wiring harness and put it in the 5th slot. I put everything together and it works great. I would have been able to do it with the illumination wire if I was more careful removing it. Now when I back up the camera works great. Also to note. I have a alpine deck and I was having issue with it locking me out even when in park. Turns out if I press call and end on my string wheel and hold 2x it allows me into the settings.

So I pulled the pin from another wiring harness and put it in the 5th slot. I put everything together and it works great. I would have been able to do it with the illumination wire if I was more careful removing it. Now when I back up the camera works great. Also to note. I have a alpine deck and I was having issue with it locking me out even when in park. Turns out if I press call and end on my string wheel and hold 2x it allows me into the settings.

Hey Pacific707,

Which PIN did you end up from adaptor to the 5th slot for reverse trigger? I'm facing the same issue and don't know how to go about tapping into that pin. Thanks!

Back