Anyone Need Parts?

:
Mazda5 Sport
We've parked Fives and I think it's for good. Driving into work one day I heard a tapping that quickly became a knocking. I tried adding STP and other stuff to the oil to help quite it down but didn't happen. On top of the noise, while getting it home it seemed to loose a little power as I was going but then the power came back. I've come to the conclusion that the engine needs replaced (unless there is something y'all know that I haven't been able to figure out.) I don't have any money to spend on the car at this time. Everything I research says it's going to cost $1000-$1200 to replace the engine. The car may have been worth that much running but isn't now. Not sure I want to put that much in it. Typical rust at the back wheels, noticed the passenger side motor mount is blown and needs replaced. Has the crashing sound in the suspension as if the sway bar bushings need replaced (or more). So that brings me to letting it go. Anyone need a parts car? I'm sure there are still good things left on it. I know the rear shocks and mounts are new, just put them on this past summer. Let me know.

Also have a brand new uncut switchblade keyfob (with unprogrammed chip) available. Never had the time to work with the dealer around here to get in and get the thing programmed and cut.

what have you done to the engine?

have you been changing the oil on time?

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 2.3L

Thought about reaching out to you today. My 2006 5 failed the texas state inspection today. Bad LED center brake light on the rear hatch. The shop wanted to run to the dealer and put a new one in for $160. Instead a brought it home, verified wiring is good, and got no ohm reading between the terminals. Called a bunch of junk yards and checked ebay but couldn't really find any used.

Had to but a new oem off amazon for $100. Just curious if you would have been up for shipping that part out? I've only got 15 days to get a free re-inspection so I didn't have much time.

I can't find the battery number for the Mazda 5 remoter starter - not the key fob. It is like a command starter - it was working but the light is red and it beeps twice and won't remotely start the car nor can I press it once when the key and ignition are on, so that I can leave the car running without leaving the keys in the ignition - it is this part that needs a new battery - anyone know the battery number? thanks

From a search on this forum from 2008 I found the following. I am assuming that my remote starter (to start the engine to run either to warm or cool the car) has entered service/valet mode - I did have it checked by local garage shop when check engine light came on while driving in mountainous area - scanned and nothing showed up as faulty by the time I got back to the prairies but perhaps the service people put the car into Service/Valet mode or who knows maybe I did it.
Has anyone tried this method for their remote starter (not key entry)- Mazda5 2006 Touring? Will be trying this in 1/2 hour.
From Manual:

To disengage Service/Valet Mode: Turn the ignition to the ON position, press and hold the brake pedal and press the START button on the remote control transmitter 3 times. The system will flash the parking lights and beep horn ONE time indicating the system has exited Service/Valet Mode.

FYI To enter Service/Valet Mode its the same except confirmation is 3 horn beeps.

Another thing which is cool:

CAR FIND: Press and hold START button for 2 seconds and the system will flash and honk horn 6x.

Well that was incredibly easy fix to turn off the Service/Valet mode on my remote engine starter.
Fixed one remote starter, then repeated the process to fix the second one.

Sorry to anyone who was looking for parts and never got an answer. Back then, once I decided not to repair, I looked into selling the car off whole and got decent money for it. I still have the uncut, unprogrammed key (somewhere) if anyone is interested. The 5 was replaced with a 08 Malibu which was recently hit in the rear. I've missed the 5 and if insurance totals out the Malibu I'm considering another 5. My wife didn't really like the one I had (no center arm rest for the passenger, suspension noises, and ate through tires) so I would need to convince her that the next would not be as bad.

Back