2017~2024 MP3 list load times

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Hi folks,
Does anyone know if there is a specific issue that was ever identified for the slow loading of MP3's on these cars? I have a 2017 CX5, but I know this also happens on earlier models. Sometimes my MP3's are available for me within a minute or two, sometimes it can take up to 20min!! By that time, I've already reached my destination. This is a huge deal breaker for me and would make me consider twice before buying another Mazda. Is this an issue with the code of the infotainment, memory addressing? I'm surprised Mazda hasn't dealt with this yet. Any links on who to contact about this? Being able to listen to MP3's only when I'm doing a frickin road trip is ridiculous.
Any additional info on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi folks,
Does anyone know if there is a specific issue that was ever identified for the slow loading of MP3's on these cars? I have a 2017 CX5, but I know this also happens on earlier models. Sometimes my MP3's are available for me within a minute or two, sometimes it can take up to 20min!! By that time, I've already reached my destination. This is a huge deal breaker for me and would make me consider twice before buying another Mazda. Is this an issue with the code of the infotainment, memory addressing? I'm surprised Mazda hasn't dealt with this yet. Any links on who to contact about this? Being able to listen to MP3's only when I'm doing a frickin road trip is ridiculous.
Any additional info on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I've never waited for 20 minutes. You can try what I suggested in this post, it's related: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123862161-Working-Phone-Playlists-using-Bluetooth

"You must play any song in your music app and then you'll see your playlist. If you are using a samsung phone, play your music in the samsung music app first."

Everything should load instantly. Are you using bluetooth or the USB cable? I haven't tried the USB cable yet because I prefer using bluetooth.

Back