Backup Camera Help

gverrault

Hi everybody. I Installed a Pioneer AVH-2300 NEX today and the only function that is not working is the rear view camera. I used the PAC MZ4-11 wiring harness and the AX-MAZCAM-6V for the backup camera. I'm wondering if maybe I wired something incorrectly

Black wire from AX-MAZCAM-6V connected to black wire from the 6v stepdown regulator and the black wire for the PAC MZ4-11
Blue\White wire from AX-MAZCAM-6V connected to Green wire on PAC MZ4-11 and Purple\white wire on pioneer harness
Blue\Red wire on AX-MAZCAM-6v connected to yellow wire on AX-MAZCAM-6v
Yellow RCA connected to the port on the back of the radio for the backup camera

I followed the instructions that came with the AX-MAZCAM-6V but I'm thinking they aren't correct. What I'm wondering is if the yellow wire from the AX-MAZCAM-6V should also be connected to the Yellow wire on the PAC harness? I'm thinking yes but just wanted to check. I can post pictures if that would be helpful.

I took everything apart today and connected the blue/white wire from the ax-mazcam-6v to the rad wire on the pioneer harness and now the backup camera is working correctly.

Yep, everything is working aside from the steering wheel controls. For that I need to reset the pac rp4-mz11 unit back to the default so if anyone know how to do that please let me know. I tried what was listed in the directions that came with it but that didn't work.

Back