Noisy dashboard

laurelh17

:
Mazda 3 i Touring hatchback
i recently purchased a 2014 mazda 3, and I have noticed a low level rattling sound from the dashboard area on the passenger side. It is driving me nuts. Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to resolve it? How?

i recently purchased a 2014 mazda 3, and I have noticed a low level rattling sound from the dashboard area on the passenger side. It is driving me nuts. Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to resolve it? How?
If it's the tick by the A Pillar, there's a TSB for that.
0ca76bc5c7e46d4a044b6e3b74598be0.jpg
0c1010301021782700b1365faa9da1f5.jpg

It sounds like it is coming from the speaker in the center of the dash (even with the radio turned off), but sound can travel. I will bring this with me and see if that is a good place to start. Thanks again.

Any other ideas out there?

It sounds like it is coming from the speaker in the center of the dash (even with the radio turned off), but sound can travel. I will bring this with me and see if that is a good place to start. Thanks again.

Any other ideas out there?
Center of dash? It's unlikely the tick. Might just need some tightening or some insulation remove the vibration.

Center of dash? It's unlikely the tick. Might just need some tightening or some insulation remove the vibration.

I listened to it again, and this time I heard it on the passenger side closer to the windshield. It has a low level, constant rattle (above 25mph) on the front passenger side. It is steady, not super loud, but I can hear it above the radio. It is making me crazy. I have seen other posts about a "tick" sound, but this is a steady and continuous rattle. It sounds like bad radio static, even when the radio isn't on, and I hear it from the front of the dashboard. Thoughts?

I listened to it again, and this time I heard it on the passenger side closer to the windshield. It has a low level, constant rattle (above 25mph) on the front passenger side. It is steady, not super loud, but I can hear it above the radio. It is making me crazy. I have seen other posts about a "tick" sound, but this is a steady and continuous rattle. It sounds like bad radio static, even when the radio isn't on, and I hear it from the front of the dashboard. Thoughts?
The tick is a known rattle in different levels. It's commonly low volume & constant, or randomly louder at dips, twists & bumps. I suspect yours is just dash rattle. I've both the BM3 & the M2 DJ. The M2 has a dash rattle behind the inforainment that goes away when I put pressure, so I know I need some insulation or retightening there. It's bothersome, but minor. I've yet to get into it when downtime comes.
Have your dealership take a good listen. It shouldn't be difficult to hunt down.

Back