CX9 Signature - missing buttons in 2018 model

ling

:
Hyundai Azera
Hi,

I dropped by a dealership to check out the 2018 CX9 Signature trim today.

I noticed that to the left of the steering wheel where the buttons are, out of the 6 possible spots, there were only 3 buttons. When I looked at some old photos of 2017, there are 5.

Are these functions moved somewhere else?

This is a photo of 2018 I found:
http://664ab691014b7271daa3-0fa9882...J0202704/3032cb9ba890e7073280bd9f4f5e4e5c.jpg

And this is from a 2016 I think.
https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets...-kit-assemble-cx9-accessories.jpg?w=270?w=270

ling

It seems some of the functions are missing from the 2018.

Would have been nice if you could have taken a closer photo of the 2018 so we could compare with 2016...

Trying to find the post on our cx9 fb group where we discussed it.

Yep it's in the screen. From owners manual:

image.jpg
:- Says setting A

image.jpg
:- Description of setting A

image.jpg
:- MZD settings -> Vehicle Other

Wow, thanks a lot for all the information. I am amazed by how well informed you guys are, and how active this forum is.

I think the other missing button is the tire pressure button. What does it do anyway? One of the youtube review says it's for resetting tire pressue which I don't understand.

ling

Wow, thanks a lot for all the information. I am amazed by how well informed you guys are, and how active this forum is.

I think the other missing button is the tire pressure button. What does it do anyway? One of the youtube review says it's for resetting tire pressue which I don't understand.

ling
Probably for tyre pressure monitor reset

ling

Yes it's for resetting the tire pressure monitor...say when you install new wheels or say you had a puncture and repaired that tire then the TPMS will have to be initialized

This was one of the first things I noticed when I got mine. Mazda didn't take any features away, they simply aren't necessary functions.

This was one of the first things I noticed when I got mine. Mazda didn't take any features away, they simply aren't necessary functions.
Or just relocated them into Mazda connect

Come to think of it, I have a 2017 model and with all those buttons on the left side, the only 2 buttons I use are the tailgate opener and TPMS - all others I never really use so maybe they've incorporated most functions in the infotainment system which makes better sense in the 2018s

Come to think of it, I have a 2017 model and with all those buttons on the left side, the only 2 buttons I use are the tailgate opener and TPMS - all others I never really use so maybe they've incorporated most functions in the infotainment system which makes better sense in the 2018s

I routinely turn Lane Keep Assist on and off depending on the circumstances and type of driving I'm doing. On multi-lane freeways its off. However, if I'm even the slightest bit fatigued while driving a multi-lane freeway, its on. Two lane highways, its off - unless I'm doing a long drive on a two lane highway, then its back on. Carving canyons, definitely off - it would just get in the way. Strolling canyons with passengers and engaged in conversation, its back on.

So, at least one CX-9 driver presses that one button! I rare if ever touch any of the others, but I like knowing they can be touched if I wanted to.

Back