Passenger side airbag recall

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Good Morning all. Has anyone here have the passenger airbag recall done. If so how long did it take?

I haven't had it done yet as parts were not available in OR/WA. I have it scheduled for 11/11/17, the dealership is having me drop off the car on 11/10/17 (they'll give me a loaner) so that they can start working on it first thing. They normally only offer a loaner to me if the job is going to take some hours.

Has anyone been following the advice not to let anyone sit in the front passenger seat? While probably legally sensible, I think that very few drivers would follow that advice (I know I haven't although most of my travel is alone).

Did you have this done already. 1 Hour is pretty quick. When I made the appointment I was told they would keep it for a day. So I told the lady in the service dept. on the phone that I would pick it up the next morning since I am at work and cannot get to them before 6.

I had mine done this past Saturday. I dropped it in Friday night and got a 2018 CX-3 as a courtesy car. They texted me about 45 minutes into the 8 a.m. appointment time on Saturday to let me know that a couple of things had come up during the multipoint safety inspection, so I had those attended to which meant that they didn't finish until 2.30 p.m. So not sure how long the actual air bag replacement took, I am thinking about an hour.

I had my 2007 done about 2 weeks ago. Took the dealer less that 30 minutes to complete the repair. They take out the glove box and go in from underneath to replace the inflator. The downside for me was the tech broke the linkage between the glove box door and the door damper. I caught it before I left the dealership and they replaced the damper no charge. So, if I count that repair in, 45 minutes.

Back