Aftermarket CX-9 Exhaust tips?

For anyone interested, the Amazon tips, they are down to $27.99 with an additional 10% off. Place 2 orders to get 10% off each one.

Looking for alternative option.
VXAR Exhaust Tip Stainless Steel for Auto Car Jeep wrangler (Silver 1P) on amazon is $93CAD now.

Is there any cheap option?
What size(diameter) do i need?

I'd love to buy corksport axle back but its too expensive and my wife will hate the loud exhaust lol.

Got mine on Ebay. They are slip on and they stay on. Over two years and they have not moved at all. Only takes like 30 seconds each. Got many complements on them. I believe they were under $50.
Same here from Ebay. Exactly what I wanted.

Looks like this tip is out of stock again. Would other 3" inlet 4" outlet tips work? Most of them are 12" long. This Jeep one is 7.5" long.

I only have 1 pic of my car with new exhaust tips now.

I've ordered them from aliexpress.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 463
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 605
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 527
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 363
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 529
Just search CX-9 exhaust tips. There are a few stores that sell 2nd gen CX-9 exhaust tips. The store name I bought from is Boutique Autoparts Store. My style is A1281Sb btw. It took 3 weeks to get here in Canada, lol.

Just search CX-9 exhaust tips. There are a few stores that sell 2nd gen CX-9 exhaust tips. The store name I bought from is Boutique Autoparts Store. My style is A1281Sb btw. It took 3 weeks to get here in Canada, lol.
Just found it. Going to give it a try lol.

How was the install?

Is it just me, or there seems to be differences in the exhaust sizes per country? My Azami isn't 3.3" – it's closer to a flat 3".

Don’t these tips you guys are talking about make the car less loud?

Nah, these are just cosmetic pieces that are either installed over the existing tips, or they replace the existing tip with a slightly larger one. They don't change the sound in any significant way. I think the things you're thinking of are silencers. Those restrict the output of larger diameter tips to reduce noise, and are usually found on aftermarket canister or "fireball-style" muffler replacements.

Nah, these are just cosmetic pieces that are either installed over the existing tips, or they replace the existing tip with a slightly larger one. They don't change the sound in any significant way. I think the things you're thinking of are silencers. Those restrict the output of larger diameter tips to reduce noise, and are usually found on aftermarket canister or "fireball-style" muffler replacements.
Oh! Well thank for clarifying that. Now I want to get a pair of these tips but MAN! Is impossible to find any in stock :(

492AA2BB-FD70-4A5F-AADA-D659E367A081.jpeg
AAB030D6-FA75-4BEF-BF34-0DD530AF1AE4.jpeg
A2A01402-5AFC-4F83-B20B-73EDDCA755AB.jpeg
D9BAF98D-93DC-4B10-BD8F-79EA8296E43B.jpeg

Just installed these tips, let me know what y’all think. I can share the link from Amazon if you guys like them. Spent less than $50 for both

Curious if anybody has any more options to add to this list? I really like the bigger tips that come on the new Signature model, but it seems you would have to buy the whole muffler assembly.

Not really interested in cheap eBay/Amazon tips that will eventually rust.

Anybody found any good quality aftermarket tips that will work?

Back