Mazda 6 stalling

SycyS

:
Mazda 6
Hello!

Mazda 6 - late 2006, 2.0 diesel, 89 Kw, 6 speed manual, estate. (My knowledge of cars is limited and dad is helping with stuff - first car)

Recently bought used Mazda 6 and for some first couple hundred km it was fine. Then it stalled while driving. Got fuel, oil and battery is fine...revs just disappeared, engine shut off and oil and battery warning lights appeared. No extra sounds, just "poof" and gone.
Got to local mechanic, he said that everything with and around engine was fine, but he couldn't see if electronics were good. After car was just sitting outside for some hours, it could be turned on, but would stall in an hour or so. Got to different mechanic who said that could help with mazdas. Checked electronics, said that they were fine and the problem is with
high pressure pump reduction valve (did google translate on that one). They changed it. I drove some 10 km and it stalled. Got pulled back, and after couple days they replaced it again (thought that new one could be faulty). Car now could last turned on for many hours and didn't stall (at stand still) and i even sat for an hour in a turned on car and reved it for some time. Everything looked good, but when i drove off, after some 15-20 km it stalled. The car seemed to be working fine, but while driving at first it ddn't react to accelerator pedal and ir couple seconds revs dissappeared. After some 30 minutes, when i got towed home. I tried starting it and it started for some 5-10 seconds after that revs started to fade and i pressed acceleration pedal, it got revs up, but after couple seconds it stalled again.

Notably the weather is getting cooler every time i have had it now, just below freezing temperatures at the moment. One of the theories were that engine got hotter (at the normal working temperature) and then it stalled and that could be an indicator to the fault, but that sounds far fetched.
2nd mechanics claimed that they couldn't find a problem with fuel pump or any other part, car key batteries were changed, so imobilizer is good i guess.

If anyone has had anything with something like this or can think of something to do to fix it, i would appreciate any help.

Turnout:
1) Previously hacked car computer to hide some alerts (reprogrammed)
2) Something wrong with mass wires (fixed)
3) Faulty Glowplugs (replaced wih new)
4) Too big fuel pressure from fuel pressure valve (replaced wih new)

After 3 unsuccesful services went to Mazda dealership and they billed me just under 600 euros. Apperantly none of "local services" in 5 months could fix a single thing listed before. Previously spent near the same amout of money just on diagnostics and evacuator.

Latest posts

Back