2018 cx5

STLpilot

:
2017 CX5 GT FWD
I recently spoke to a dealer who briefly mentioned his order for the 2018 CX5s, which will essentially be unchanged, except for some equipment. He said some equipment, such as memory seats available on the GT package, will be now standard on the 2018s. Do any of you know the full lists of new equipment that will now be standard on the 2018 CX5 GT?

My guess it is too early at this time. Give it about a month or so

I recently spoke to a dealer who briefly mentioned his order for the 2018 CX5s, which will essentially be unchanged, except for some equipment. He said some equipment, such as memory seats available on the GT package, will be now standard on the 2018s. Do any of you know the full lists of new equipment that will now be standard on the 2018 CX5 GT?

Those lists will probably come soon.

And since 2017 was a redesign, this makes sense. Doubt anything will change except equipment options, possibly the packages and what's available standard, or at each trim, etc. Very minor I am guessing.

Maybe diesel news too? Haven't been keeping up.

Those lists will probably come soon.

And since 2017 was a redesign, this makes sense. Doubt anything will change except equipment options, possibly the packages and what's available standard, or at each trim, etc. Very minor I am guessing.

Maybe diesel news too? Haven't been keeping up.

Design wise you are correct, more than likely the same. Spec rejig to keep up/go ahead with/of the competition

I take anything a dealership says with a grain of salt. Sales people typically don't have access to information that isn't made public by Mazda. Their information is typically based on rumors going around their dealership. How many of you had a dealer tell you Android Auto/CarPlay was coming?

I take anything a dealership says with a grain of salt. Sales people typically don't have access to information that isn't made public by Mazda. Their information is typically based on rumors going around their dealership. How many of you had a dealer tell you Android Auto/CarPlay was coming?

Sometimes they have access but have been told not to make it officially public.

https://www.motor1.com/news/182236/mazda6-sedan-gets-equipment-updates/

take a look at this link.

expect very similar changes for the 2018 CX-5, but don't quote me on it :)

This is what I got from Mazda:

Thank you for contacting Mazda's Customer Experience Center and for your interest in the upcoming 2018 CX-5!

At this time, there is no additional information regarding timing of the release of the 2018 model year Mazda CX-5. However, as the 2017 CX-5 was just released about 4 months ago, we should anticipate that it will be after the New Year begins.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to continue checking insidemazda.mazdausa.com for updates.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Kathy
Representative, Customer Experience
Select Prompt 2, then Ext. 1196
(SR Number: 1-841113209)

This is what I got from Mazda:

Thank you for contacting Mazda's Customer Experience Center and for your interest in the upcoming 2018 CX-5!

At this time, there is no additional information regarding timing of the release of the 2018 model year Mazda CX-5. However, as the 2017 CX-5 was just released about 4 months ago, we should anticipate that it will be after the New Year begins.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to continue checking insidemazda.mazdausa.com for updates.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Kathy
Representative, Customer Experience
Select Prompt 2, then Ext. 1196
(SR Number: 1-841113209)

That's standard practice - officially mentioning anything yet.

The information I got above was based on this dealer's existing order for the 2018s. They won't arrive until January/February, but this salesman knew enough information to say the few items now available on the highest package will become standard equipment on the GT.

The information I got above was based on this dealer's existing order for the 2018s. They won't arrive until January/February, but this salesman knew enough information to say the few items now available on the highest package will become standard equipment on the GT.

Which shows HQ has provided some info (informally) to dealer(s)

Back