Working Phone Playlists using Bluetooth

VOtt

:
2017 CX-5
Hi All,

Has anyone had any luck with the infotyment (Mazada Connect) displaying the music playlists on your phone via Bluetooth? Do you have to use a specific app to play/Bluetooth stream the music on your phone to Mazada Connect for it to display the music playlists on your phone (e.g. Google Play, PiMusic)?

Any help appreciated.

The message I get on the car's screen when I hit the 'playlist' button is "Unable to view the content of the connected device".

Thanks

I've gotten the same message when listening to Pandora and then trying to switch to music on my IPhone.

Do you meant he contents of the Playlists or just the playlists themselves?

Both, to get it to display the playlists and the content (music) within each playlist.

92702db3057163537e3859baeb82f826.jpg
21c24cfe61bed3708808ec574b567e2a.jpg

Seems to work with my iPhone 6s. Only thing missing is album artwork which shows when using usb cable

Last edited:
Seems to work with my iPhone 6s. Only thing missing is album artwork which shows when using usb cable

Mine, too, on Android. Does anyone know why album art does not display over BT, and how to fix it?

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for confirming it works with Android.

What music app on your phone do you use to play music with when its streaming over Bluetooth? Is that how it works, using an a music app on your phone?

Mine, too, on Android. Does anyone know why album art does not display over BT, and how to fix it?

Just seems to be a limitation of Bluetooth because when connected by cable I get the artwork. I usually use cable anyway because sound quality seems to be a bit better

Hi, Thanks for confirming it works with Android.

What music app on your phone do you use to play music with when its streaming over Bluetooth? Is that how it works, using an a music app on your phone?

I use Poweramp. It's the only one I found that can shuffle a 128GB SD card. It reconnects and resumes playback automatically in my CX5. Totally worth $3.99!

Thanks guys, I'm going to try both those apps. Much appreciated

Hey Vott, I had that issue as well. You must play any song in your music app and then you'll see your playlist. If you are using a samsung phone, play your music in the samsung music app first.

Hey Vott, I had that issue as well. You must play any song in your music app and then you'll see your playlist. If you are using a samsung phone, play your music in the samsung music app first.

I just figured this out the other day after about a month with the car. If you use Pandora, iheartradio, or any other music app and then want to see your iTunes playlists on your iPhone you have to open iTunes and then can access all the play lists via Bluetooth.

Back