2013 cx-5 Reverse Signal Wire

gverrault

I'm in the process of installing a pioneer AVH-2300nex in place of the factory headunit in my 2013 cx-5 touring. I'm using the metra mazcam-6v adapter to make it so that I can keep the factory rear view camera. My only issue is determining which wire on the factory harness that goes to the headunit is the reverse signal wire. I saw some posts on some of the Mazda 6 forums indicating that it was the white wire with a red stripe but I wasn't sure if this would be the same.

I'm using the Metra 70-7903 to go in between the factory harness and the pioneer harness. The mazcam-6v adapter is being used for the backup camera. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't remember which wire, but it is a 6V source, not a 12V, that most likely your Pioneer needs. I have a Kenwood.
I had to use, a 12V to 6V converter.
I believe, Red Baron had a nice writeup, about this camera install(pinout). He is not around here anymore. Try the DIY section, way back.
You want to use the steering wheel buttons as well? You will need, an adaptor for that as well. Most likely, you will need an antenna adaptor as well(for AM/FM).

Thanks I got the metra adapter that comes with the 12v to 6v convertor. I also picked up the steering wheel and antenna adapter. Everything is wired up aside from splicing into the reverse signal wire on the oem harness(assuming one exists, which I would think it does)

Back