2017~2024 Apple CarPlay Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took Mazda quite a while to remove bugs in the MID software.
I have '14 Mazda, and it went thru a few updates. Bugs after bugs.
Now, v59 is finally a decent one. i.e. At least 2-3 yrs.

I can't imagine how long it would take for Mazda to deal with CP/AA.
As far as I know, Mazda outsources the software to a small company......

Test drove a 2017 cx-5 today. Getting tired of waiting for the diesel and don’t trust Mazda to get the NA requirements right when they first deliver here.
I asked the salesperson to show me how to play (Apple 6) podcast on the Mazda Connect system. He said that the podcast could only play through Pandora. Doesn’t sound right.
Could this be correct?

Connect your phone via aux or bluetooth.

Put the radio on that input.

Play from the app on the phone.

key word in that article is "likely" for 2018. nothing concrete.

The quote itself - from the CEO of ops for North America - was concrete though. "We are working on that and it will come in 2018, Moro said, going on to acknowledge sshould have been sooner

At risk of getting into the politics of FOXNews’ accuracy – which I do not want to do – they say CarPlay and Android Auto are already here!

Mazda’s infotainment system doesn’t have the best user interface — and its touchscreen is disabled when the car is moving, forcing you to use one of those even more distracting knob controls — but it is equipped with the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration systems, which make everything they’re loaded into a lot better.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/11/22/2017-mazda-cx-5-test-drive-very-sporty-utility-vehicle.html

At risk of getting into the politics of FOXNews accuracy which I do not want to do they say CarPlay and Android Auto are already here!

Mazdas infotainment system doesnt have the best user interface and its touchscreen is disabled when the car is moving, forcing you to use one of those even more distracting knob controls but it is equipped with the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration systems, which make everything theyre loaded into a lot better.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/11/22/2017-mazda-cx-5-test-drive-very-sporty-utility-vehicle.html

Does this fit the definition of fake news​??? (dunno)

Does this fit the definition of fake news​??? (dunno)

I wasn't gonna say it. (boom04)

When someone tries to actually find it.....

01.png

At risk of getting into the politics of FOXNews accuracy which I do not want to do they say CarPlay and Android Auto are already here!

Mazdas infotainment system doesnt have the best user interface and its touchscreen is disabled when the car is moving, forcing you to use one of those even more distracting knob controls but it is equipped with the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration systems, which make everything theyre loaded into a lot better.

Don't need to be political, just note the accuracy of the facts.

Also note the sensibility of their opinion that knobs are even more distracting than a screen. In what universe?

So, heres a thought. If Mazda isnt going to go ahead and tweak the Infotainment System to be CarPlay compatible, does anyone think there is any way they can update the system to integrate Spotify into it as they have with Aha, Pandora, and whatever the other one is that is built into the current incarnation of the Infotainment system? None of the ones currently in there even work in Canada, and it seems like everyone here uses Spotify. Would seem like an easier fix than integrating CarPlay. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back