2017~2024 Apple CarPlay Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevboy55

:
Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Sky Blue Mica
I heard that there is a chance we 2017+ CX-5 owners may get a chance to do an update to our Infotainment System that would incorporate both Apple CarPlay, and for those not fortunate enough to be able to own a piece of heaven in an iPhone, Android Auto if you have a paper weight that doubles as a phone and internet enabled device.

Hopefully once the 2018 CX-5 is released, and has AC and AA enabled, we will be able to update our vehicle to have this awesome feature as well, which in turn, will hopefully substantially increase the overall value of the vehicle, and possibly even make the vehicle more valuable than what it was purchased for, because of this great new feature that was not originally on the vehicle.

Yeah it's been discussed often here, but with so little official news it's all just speculation.

Basically, one Mazda PR guy said it's coming (many months ago), but he's recently stopped even making that claim. Mazda has not officially confirmed anything.

Have hope, but don't expect anything it seems.

For what its worth, on September 5, 2017, Mazada Canada responded to this question with "Unfortunately, still no official timeline for its introduction", via a personal tweet.

Yeah it's been discussed often here, but with so little official news it's all just speculation.
It has been discussed, yes, to no-one's satisfaction.
I'm surprised anyone would bring up this subject again in a new thread.
There is an older thread that ran for about 55 pages before the moderators had to shut it down.
It got very personal, and turned into a pissing contest, unfortunately.
The main antagonist was a Honda CR-V fan boy named........Um, I can't remember now. I think his name started with M.
Anyway, hopefully this thread will not end up the same way.
Cheers everyone.

No ETA for Apple Car Play and Android Auto and has been this way for quite some time.

For me, its neither here not there if AA/ACP is added or not

I was speaking with my brother today - 4 month old Passat. He said that after a Bluetooth call the music app will not resume till he pulls over and turns ignition off for 2 minutes.
-
I would like AA, but not that bad. I has always regarded VW engineering highly. Maybe Mazda has their _ _ _ _ together?

I'm doubting we'll see it. I recently purchased a new CX-5, and the day before picking it up I emailed Mazda, out of curiosity, asking when I could expect the update. Long story short, they provided a canned response that was layered with ambiguity but mostly pointing the fact that they weren't promising that it would be available, then panicked and contacted the dealer and had them put on my invoice that I acknowledged that ACP is not a feature of the vehicle.

Definitely not the actions of a company planning to roll it out to current vehicles!

CarPlay needs additional hardware to work (an authentication chip). I doubt AA makes its way in until they have a solution to make both work.

Might happen when they release the next generation Mazda Connect circa 2019

Well, I think that every salesman of a car that does not have ACP is telling that is coming soon to attract potential buyers from other brands that has ACP.

Well, if a Mazda PR guy can lie about it... why not salesmen? This whole thing is just a mess for Mazda. It's quite embarrassing.

When I first asked my dealer about AA, he raised his eyebrows and repeated "android auto?" as if he'd never heard of it. Right! Perhaps that's more honest than saying "yeah, sure it's coming, we just don't know when."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back