Might have lost my timing belt.

Any local grocery store's deli personnel should be able to help you with your choice of meats...

The sucky part about our coils is that they can fail unpredictably and maybe only if they feel like it.

They tend to short to the valve cover, usually under load and a full heat soak but maybe not enough to throw a code.

Then you remove them, give them a bench test, and they're apparently fine...

Then you but new ones and they're shyte right outta the box,... But you don't know that so you start replacing everything on the damn list.

Screenshot_2017-10-30-10-31-17.png

Oh man that's the one reason I like the cable throttle body. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have diagnosed my bad coil. Exactly what you said, arced to the valve cover. D'oh!

Noooooo, previous P5 of mine. I replaced both of them on the car at one point in time or another lol.

I presume you did not end up replacing the water pump?

When's the last time you did the thermostat? Mine (again, my fault) got slow to open towards the end of its life and a new one solved the "its running slightly warm" issues.

Glad to hear it all went well and you're on the road again! :)

I said in my earlier posts I bought a kit, belt, water pump, tensioner with spring and idler pully were all replaced.....

I said in my earlier posts I bought a kit, belt, water pump, tensioner with spring and idler pully were all replaced.....

OK... So here's the big list in case you missed anything...

Apparently Chile is required to inspect more things...
Perhaps it's Chilly there like here in Canada requiring deeper inspection.

Screenshot_2017-10-30-12-25-36.png

Screenshot_2017-10-30-12-25-53.png

Don't Forget to inspect for rust !!!

Some times it's hard to see, but if you look closely you can see it...

Screenshot_2017-10-30-12-52-49.png

Screenshot_2017-10-30-13-03-58.png

wow sucks for you. not a single rust spot on mine except a little spot of surface rust where the hatch rubs against the body. I can wipe it off with a rag lol

wow sucks for you. not a single rust spot on mine except a little spot of surface rust where the hatch rubs against the body. I can wipe it off with a rag lol

That's a picture from the internet... And the red one is my parts car.
My car's in pretty good shape. (just don't look underneath.)

Been a week, car runs great.

you'll be fine, nothing to worry about. I've put 60k miles on mine since my timing belt broke about a year and a half ago. :) more of an inconvenience than anything because when it goes, your's stuck. nothing you can do but call a tow truck unless you have a truck and a trailer or car dolly, i had to rent a car dolly from u-haul for $40 and go get it with the truck because it broke down 100 miles from home, insurance only covers the first 50 miles or something and it was about $4/mile after that

Back