2017 CX5 TPMS reset question?

:
Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT
Hello, I just changed to winter tires during the weekend. And I had to pay about 200 CAD$ to get 4 TPMS sensors.
I saw this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG8Y6x9gfzM
I don't see my cx-5 has a tpms button, I guess I don't have to manually reset this? I think on the manual saying it will be registered automatically with the car?

Thanks

been lurking a while but i guess its time to start posting since i can help.

To register new sensors:
1. turn key to on, then back to lock with engine off.
2. wait 15 minutes.
3. Drive around for 10 minutes or more above 16mph

The sensors will then automatically program.

been lurking a while but i guess its time to start posting since i can help.

To register new sensors:
1. turn key to on, then back to lock with engine off.
2. wait 15 minutes.
3. Drive around for 10 minutes or more above 16mph

The sensors will then automatically program.

I just have the engine start button?

id try tapping the start button 2x to get everything powered up without starting it then tap it 2x again to get it back to the off position without touching the brakes during either step.

did that, but there is no sign showed me whether or not that has been reset. I am wondering why mazda doesn't put the button on this car.

Oh sorry, the light never was on (only on for a second when I start the car). I thought after I switched 4 tires the light should be on?

I did drive 10 minutes.

the first time you change the sensors its not programmed for it may take a while for the system to throw the tpms light while it searches for the known sensor id's. mine didnt come on for about 15 min. i guess drive around and if the light stays off you can assume the programming worked. i have the wrong sensors in my wheels and my light is on all the time.

the first time you change the sensors its not programmed for it may take a while for the system to throw the tpms light while it searches for the known sensor id's. mine didnt come on for about 15 min. i guess drive around and if the light stays off you can assume the programming worked. i have the wrong sensors in my wheels and my light is on all the time.

yeah, I guess so. thanks for the help!!

They don’t want you forcing a reset. That was the weakness with the old system, people were resting it to override a genuine loss of pressure.

Well as long as it didn’t recalibrate in the new system. I think it’s just forcing it to pair with the new sensor but I could be wrong. The old system was just inferred from abs wheel speed sensor so what the reset did was completely different. I agree though people should just care and actually top off their tires.

Back