Anyone know what rims and tires on this 13lack1ce's CX-5?

MichaelCS

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hi All,

New to the CX-5 scene but long time gear head (jeeps, bikes, turbo civics blah blah blah) so finally signed up here.

I just purchased a great low mileage 2015 CX-5 GT (black) and want to strip the stock rims off for something a little more aggressive. I've seen this guys CX-5 all over the web (Pinterest, Cardomain etc) but nobody seems to know anything about it; the guy himself never posted any information on it. Tons of people the image on pinterest but nobody has put any of the tire/rim specs down.

Anyone know anything about it?

Regards,
Michae

Attachments

• e6dca159ad5ac73fbe829af4c1e4fde9--mazda-cx-future-car.jpg
    e6dca159ad5ac73fbe829af4c1e4fde9--mazda-cx-future-car.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 212
Hi All,

New to the CX-5 scene but long time gear head (jeeps, bikes, turbo civics blah blah blah) so finally signed up here.

I just purchased a great low mileage 2015 CX-5 GT (black) and want to strip the stock rims off for something a little more aggressive. I've seen this guys CX-5 all over the web (Pinterest, Cardomain etc) but nobody seems to know anything about it; the guy himself never posted any information on it. Tons of people the image on pinterest but nobody has put any of the tire/rim specs down.

Anyone know anything about it?

Regards,
Michae

I tried to look but couldnt find these wheels. I think I know what sort of wheels are those, but can't quite put my finger on them.

the closest I managed to find for the style you're looking for are HRE wheels.

I would also look into:

- gram lights
- enkei
- work
- BBS
- Vossen (many of their styles would look very good on a Mazda)
- Volk

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/mazda/cx-5/2015/

here are the wheel spec's for your car. I recommend staying between 40-50 for the offset, and get 8" rims with wider tires if you want better handling. buy high performance tires.

try to stick with 19" wheels with a 55 sidewall like stock (225/55/R19)

the key here is to upgrade to wheels which are lighter then your stock ones. if the aftermarket ones are heavier or as heavy as the stock ones, don't even waste your time.

you can go for 20's, but it is super important that they are light. 225/50/r20 or maybe even 225/45/r20 should be good.

take a look at the rohana RC10 wheels, very lightweight for a 20" rim and they would look great on your car.

best of luck

Thanks for the response...

I'm not looking so much for performance as these cars will never be race cars but decent road handling and a aggressive stance are the goals here.

That guys rims have to be like 20-22" rims with low profile tires. Try as I might I just can't find any data on what this guy did. Fortunately there are what 130 pages of wheel pics to go through here? LOL

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123862118-Anyone-With-Aftermarket-Wheels-Post-Pics

Save some time, no need to go through 130 pages lol.

I dont know about the CX-5, but the Mazda 6 corners wth the tactility and precision of a sports car without a doubt. I absolutely love mazdas chassis and how it imperturbably switches between straight line stability and handling prowess depending on how you are driving. A Mazda 6 with an ECU tune, upgrade brakes, tires, coilovers, and a new differential would be the most fun you can possibly have on a track. They may not be blazing fast, but the 2.5L certainly provides enough torque for everyday driving and the precisely tuned 6 speed Auto makes the most of whatever power is available. I love how my Mazda drives. Id call it a performance car simply lacking a proper performance engine and some sort of RWD offering.

My point is, with some sticky tires on wider wheels and a modest front camber modification, your car would handle like no crossover has any right to.

Back