on the 2017 CX5 Touring, is the cat back exhaust stainless?

:
Mazda CX5 Touring with PEP
My current 2003 Xterra has a Gibson stainless exhaust I think from the flex pipe back. I am looking at buying a 2017CX5, I live in snow country and some of the stuff they use in winter for ice and snow eats cars alive. It took about 5 years for my Xterra to lose one muffler and about 3 to lose the second to corrosion. Then I went with the Gibson.

Checked the website, dealership and this forum and have not seen anything definitive. Dealership did not think it has stainless.

It is stainless on our '15. Should be on yours too. I'm sure most of modern cars come like that. Having said that, the degree of "stainlessness" varies. Ours got surface rust after the first salty winter. That's cosmetic, but nevertheless. Keep in mind though, that exhaust, for the most part rots from inside out. Water is the main by-product of combustion, and if the car is not driven long enough to get exhaust system warm and fuzzy, water accumulates in resonators, pipes and mufflers, even though the later have drain holes.

Back