2017 CX-5 TPM sensors/ winter wheel/tire pkg

From what I read in these post, you cannot "turn off" the traction control, therefore, TPS is on by default. I've asked my dealer about it and they confirm at 100% that TPS works even if your tire pressure indicator is on. I'll try to turn it off and see if it works, will keep you posted.

After my test, tcs can be turned off. I cannot post a picture for some reasons...

Here's the pic:

LFjhBTQ.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone downgrade from 19s to 17s? If so, what tire/rim combo?

This maybe should have its own thread but since a few of you said you put winters on, did you stay with the same size wheels?

In Boston, I've spoken to a few dealers and they were all super against dropping from 19s to 17s for winter.
One even told me they thought it would void the warranty(which means they obviously don't know what they are talking about).

Has anyone done it? If so, what rims did you buy for the CX-5?

Thanks for any help!

Brandon

This maybe should have its own thread but since a few of you said you put winters on, did you stay with the same size wheels?

In Boston, I've spoken to a few dealers and they were all super against dropping from 19s to 17s for winter.
One even told me they thought it would void the warranty(which means they obviously don't know what they are talking about).

Thanks for any help!

Brandon

18s will be perfect winter wheels without looking too small on the CX-5. Just get some food aftermarekt wheels like motegi, gram light, enkei, etc

I bought a set of 4 used TPMS sensors, part #BHA4-37140 for $40 on eBay for my winter rims. They worked well for me and no light to ignore.

attachment.php

Thanks for any help!

Brandon

Yeah, my dealer wouldn't sell me 17"s for my GT with stock 19"s either. He acknowledged they would work perfectly fine... but there must be some weird language in some of the corporate literature preventing them from doing this. Thus the dealer simply said to go to any tire shop to get the 17"s that I wanted. I ended up with 17" black steel rims.

PS- mine was a 2016, so no individual TPMS sensors.

On my 2017 GT used a set of 17" 2012 Mazda 3 GT wheels with new Mazda OEM sensors. Had to be the easiest switch over with TPMS being recognized following the steps in the owner manual.

No lights whatsoever and it was as simple to change wheels, turn ignition on, off wait 15 minutes and drive.

Attachments

• 564146A1-7BF3-488B-B1F3-AC32E56F73AE.jpeg
    564146A1-7BF3-488B-B1F3-AC32E56F73AE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
  • AE3E3451-27E6-42A8-B84D-9D5A75A256F8.jpeg
    AE3E3451-27E6-42A8-B84D-9D5A75A256F8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 237
Thanks, they seem accurate too. Happy with it so far and the turn-on beep is muffled in the center console.

Back